2016 – 2017 Student Organization Renewal Process
This page provides the step-by-step instructions on how to renew your student organization for the 2016-2017 academic year.Please note: this process does not apply to sports clubs, please contact Campus Recreation for sports club renewal information.
There are nine steps for renewing your organization:
STEP 1: Update your CI Sync Portal
- Under the 'People' tab ensure incoming officers are given Administrator access, or contact the SEAL Center to assist in providing access.
- Update your portal by selecting the 'Settings' tab on the top right, and clicking 'Organization Settings'. From that page you may 'Update and Renew Profile'.
- Update all of your organization's officer and advisor information. Please note that you must have the student ID number and full MyCI email address for all officers.
STEP 2: The president must complete the President Agreement
- After step 1 is completed, Presidents are emailed a link to the agreement. If you cannot find the email, log into CI Sync, click on your name in the top right, and select ‘Notifications’. In the Notifications page a note will be present with a link to the form.
STEP 3: The advisor(s) must complete the Advisor Agreement
- After step 1 is completed, Advisors are emailed a link to the agreement. If you cannot find the email, log into CI Sync, click on your name in the top right, and select ‘Notifications’. In the Notifications page a note will be present with a link to the form.
STEP 4: All officers must complete the online Student Organization Integrity Workshop, and complete the related quiz within CI Sync (link to quiz is at end of workshop).
- An officer may not be active until SOI has verified his/her eligibility and he/she has completed this workshop.
- The orientation must be submitted by the registration deadline, or no later than 10 business days after the officer assumes their position (in the event of an officer change).
Please note: The following are the minimum eligibility requirements to be an officer of a student organization at CSU Channel Islands:
- Must be enrolled in no less than six units at CSU Channel Islands (undergraduates)
- Must be enrolled in no less than three units at CSU Channel Islands (graduate and credential)
- Have a cumulative, CI and semester GPA of at least 2.5 (undergraduates)
- Have a cumulative, CI and semester GPA of at least 3.0 (graduate and credential)
- Be in good academic and behavioral standing (not on academic or disciplinary probation)
- Be free of any holds on University records.
STEP 5: All Presidents and Treasurers must attend the mandatory in-person Student Organization Officer Orientation.
- Fall 2016 Orientations will be held:
- Wednesday, September 7, 2016 from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 9, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 23, 2016 from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 24, 2016 from 9:00 p.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Registration link: http://tinyurl.com/CISOOrientationReg. Reminders will be sent two weeks prior to your scheduled orientation date.
STEP 6: Event Scheduler must attend a mandatory Event Scheduler Orientation.
- This is a 2 hour in-person orientation that is mandatory for all Event Schedulers, and optional for all other officers. This session will focus on event planning, coordination and outline processes and procedures.
- Fall 2016 Orientations will be held:
- Friday, September 9, 2016 from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 23, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Registration link: https://orgsync.com/52346/forms/208069
STEP 7: Treasurers and Presidents must sign the 'ASI Administration of Funds' form.
- This form will be present at Officer Orientations, or can be signed by visiting the SEAL Center.
STEP 8: Advisors must complete an Advisor Orientation
- NEW Advisors must attend an in-person orientation. Date and time TBD and will be arranged by the Coordinator of Student Organizations & Involvement.
- RETURNING Advisors must complete/review an online orientation and submit their orientation acknowledgement within the 2016-2017 Advisor Agreement form (it will be a page in the form).
- Advisor orientations must be completed by the registration deadline.
STEP 9: At least five members must be added to your student organization's portal.
- Log in to CI Sync, and access your student organization's portal from the 'My Memberships' tab at the top right of the page.
- Click on "People" on your organization’s left hand toolbar
- Click "Invite People"
- Complete the invitation process by either emailing the link to your organization to your group members or entering your group members email addresses on the form (don't forget to click "Submit").
As a reminder, this process does not apply to sports clubs, please contact Campus Recreation for sports club renewal information. Sports clubs should visit Campus Recreation's web page at http://www.csuci.edu/recreation/sports.htm to access information and resources to address their needs.
Questions? Contact Student Leadership Programs at 805-437-3356 or email@example.com.