Mail Fetcher Configuration
Updated: September 2, 2010
Prepared by: Peter Mosinskis, IT Project Supervisor
This document provides instructions on how configure the Google Mail Fetcher tool to import messages from your old Dolphin Email inbox into your new Dolphin Email mailbox. Please note that Mail Fetcher will only transfer mail messages and their attachments from your old Dolphin Email inbox; it will not transfer calendar items, contacts or distribution lists, or other features specific to your old Dolphin Email mailbox.
- Logon to myCI
- Click the "Dolphin Email" link
- Click "Settings" link at the top of any Dolphin Email page
- Open the "Accounts" tab
- In the "Get mail from other accounts" section, click "Add a mail account you own".
- Enter the full email address of your old Dolphin Email address, then click Next Step.
- Enter the following information:
- User name: your Dolphin Name + "@islands.csuci.edu" (for example, if your Dolphin Name is pat.smith123, then enter email@example.com)
- Password: your Dolphin Password
- POP Server: mail.dolphin.csuci.edu
- Port: 995
- Check the "Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server" checkbox.
- Check the "Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail" checkbox.
- Check the "Label incoming messages" checkbox. This will make it easier to locate your old messages in your new Dolphin Email inbox.
- Check any other options that you desire, then click "Add Account"
- On the next screen, choose "No" and click "Finish". (You should choose "No" to ensure that you are using your new Dolphin Email address).
- Dolphin Email will then begin checking and downloading your mail to your account.
Depending on the amount of mail you have, it may take a few hours to download all
of your messages into your inbox.
- Once your messages are downloaded, they will appear in your Dolphin Email inbox.