Configuring IMAPS for Mac MailBack to Email Support page
- Open the Mac Mail application and the New Account Wizard will start. Click Continue.
- For the Account Type choose IMAP, choose anything you want for Account Description,
type your name in the Full Name field, and your CI e-mail address in the Email Address
field. Click Continue.
- For Incoming Mail Server type imaps1.csuci.edu and type in your CI username and password.
- For Outgoing Mail Server enter imaps1.csuci.edu. (By default the application may include
some other characters after the server name. Be sure to remove them so only the server
name is in this field). Check the “Use Authentication” checkbox. Type your CI username
and password in the other fields. Click Continue.
- You may be prompted to Authenticate after clicking Continue. If so, enter your CI
username and password. Set the “Realm” field to “CI.EDU”. Click OK.
- Click Continue at the account confirmation screen and then go to the Mail menu Preferences. Under Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) click Server Settings
- Verify the following settings:
- Outgoing Mail Server is set to imaps1.csuci.edu
- Server Port is set to 587
- Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) box is checked
- Authentication is set to Password
- Username is set to your CI username
- Password is set to your CI password.
Press OK until you are back at the Mail screen
Congratulations! Your IMAPS setup for Mac Mail is complete, and you should now be able to send/receive your CI e-mail.
Please contact the Help Desk at 805-437-8552 or email email@example.com