How to Log On to the Computer Labs
This guide will show you how to log on to any Windows computer in a campus computer labs or classroom using your Dolphin Name and Dolphin Password.
- Where are the Computer Labs located?
- What is my Dolphin Name? What is my Dolphin Password?
- Account and Password FAQ
Log On using Windows 7
- Once the power for the computer is on, you will encounter the following screen:
- Press the CTRL, ALT, and DELETE keys on your keyboard simultaneously to enable the following logon credential boxes:
- In the "User name" text field, enter your Dolphin Name (i.e. pat.smith123).
Need more help on your Dolphin Name? Visit the Account & Password FAQ page.
- In the "Password" text field, enter your Dolphin Password. (What is my Dolphin Password?)
- Select the "OK" button to continue.
- Windows will then check your access rights and configure your desktop. While this is happening, you will encounter text reading "Welcome."
- When the configuration is complete, you will see the Windows desktop.
- Next, select the "Windows button" using your mouse, or press the "Windows" key on the keyboard. The "Windows button" is located at the bottom-left-hand corner of the Desktop.
- This will activate the Start Menu, from which you can choose to start programs (under the "All Programs" menu) or browse the Internet.
If you can't logon, do the following: