Learn About Mobile
You can learn more or watch more episodes on the CI Mobile Strategy blog.
Use of mobile devices and technology at CSU Channel Islands (CI) continues to grow. The majority of CI students have web-enabled smartphones and laptop computers. Tablet-style devices such as the iPad are popular both with students and employees.
The Division of Technology & Communication (T&C) is committed to developing strategies and hosting activities to support the growing use of mobile devices to access information resources at CI.
Areas of Interest
- Mobile device usage by students & employees
- Habits of mobile device users
- Enhancing learning and instruction via mobile technology
- Procurement of mobile solutions
- Mobile web site development
- Social media and mobile interaction
- Native mobile applications
- Mobile security
- Demonstrations of new mobile technology and services
- Location-based services
- Mobile project success stories
- Mobile-enabling of campus services
- Accessibility and usability of mobile devices and services
Mobile Strategy Team
T&C is assembling a team of CI leaders, technology experts and mobile enthusiasts to help guide and support mobile strategies for CI.
Technical and outreach teams are being formed to help implement the campus mobile strategy and keep the CI community apprised. Members of the CI community that are interested in participating can contact Peter Mosinskis at email@example.com.
Director of IT Strategy