Print for Your Mobile Phone, Tablet or Laptop
CI is pleased to offer mobile printing service for students and employees. This service was launched in fall 2013.
It's as Easy as 1-2-3!
Need to print out a document from your mobile phone, tablet or laptop?
Follow these 3 easy steps:
- Attach any documents you want to print to an email sent from your official CI email address, and send the email & attachments to:
- You'll receive an automated email reply from "Pharos Mobile Printing" confirming that your document is ready to be released.
- Finally, go to any MobilePrint-compatible printer on campus and release your print job using your DolphinOne Card.
- MobilePrint-compatible printers are located throughout Broome Library and many other spaces on campus.
- You must complete the release of your print job within 2 hours, otherwise you'll need to re-send via email again (as described in Step #1 above).
How much does mobile printing cost?
Mobile printing costs the same as printing from campus computer labs; view per-page pricing for printing here. You pay only for the documents that you release at a MobilePrint-compatible printer.
Where can I find MobilePrint-compatible printers on campus?
How do I release my print job at a MobilePrint-compatible printer?
I sent my documents to PrintBW@csuci.edu and PrintCOLOR@csuci.edu but nothing is happening, I received no email confirmation, and I can't release my print job at the printer. Why isn't it working?
Remember, you can only submit a print job from an official CI email address. Faculty and staff should use their @csuci.edu account and students should use their @myci.csuci.edu email address. Try re-sending your print job from your official CI email address, and you will receive an email confirmation from "Pharos Mobile Printing".
Can I print the body of the email I submit?
No. MobilePrint will only print email attachments, not the body of the email.
How many attachments can I submit to MobilePrint at the same time?
There is a limit of 10 attachments per email and 100 emails per day for each user.
What document types are supported by MobilePrint?
MobilePrint supports the following document types and file extensions:
File Extensions Supported
.doc, .docx, .dot
.xls, .xlt,.xlsx, .xltx, .xltm, .xlsm
.ppt, .pptx, .pptm, .pot, .pps, .potx, .ppsx
.vsd, .vss, .vst, .vdx, .vsx, .vtx, .vdw
.odt, .ods, .ott, .odp
Comma Separated Values
Adobe Portable Document Format
Rich Text Format
.jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, .bmp