Web Services provides web design services to the University community.
CI Web Design Standards
Please visit the CI Web Style Guide for detailed information.
- Web Standards - information about what web standards are and why they are important
- Web Standards Checklist - an excellent technical and logical checklist for ensuring web standards compliance
- 508 Compliance Checklist - Standards excerpted from Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, §1194.22.
Tutorials and Instructional Resources
- W3Schools - another excellent free source of course-based tutorials
- Codecademy - an in depth, hands-on coding site with impressive tutorials for html and css among many other programming languages
- Lynda.com - Learn how to get started in web design, how to choose the right tools, and what you should learn next. Free access with myCI credentials
- W3C - WWW Consortium - internet technology specifications
Web Services has created web site templates to ensure ease of navigation and a consistent digital identity for the University. These templates simply consist of variations of the main University template look and feel. Please contact Web Services with questions and to initiate a project request.
Placement of Official CI Web Sites
To ensure consistency of the University's digital brand as well as the continued accessibility of web content, all official administrative and academic content which uses the CI digital brand should reside in CI's official web content management system wherever possible. Exceptions shall be made for special cases as well as web sites hosted by 3rd parties per agreement with the University. Please contact Web Services for more information.