Wireless Setup on Windows 7 Using Windows Wireless Configuration Tool
- Click the Start button, then type "Manage Wireless" into the search field and select
the "Manage wireless networks" option. Then click "Add." Select the "Manually Create
a Network Profile" option. Fill in the following:
- Network name: cci_connect
- Security type: WPA2 Enterprise
- Encryption type: AES
- Security key: N/A
- Check "Start this connection automatically."
- Uncheck "Connect even if the network is not broadcasting." If that option is checked, your computer's privacy may be at risk.
- Once everything is filled in, click "Next."
- Select "Change Connection Settings."
- Select the "Security" tab at the top of the new window. Leave all settings as their defaults and click the "Settings" button.
- On the Protected EAP Properties window, the following boxes should all be unchecked:
- Validate server certificate
- Enable Fast Reconnect
- Enforce Network Access Protection
- Disconnect if server does not present cryptobinding TLV
- Enable Identity Privacy.
- Any remaining boxes should be left alone. The authentication method should be set to "Secured password (EAP MSCHAP v2). Then press the "Configure" button.
- Uncheck the "When connecting: Automatically use my Windows logon name and password
(and domain if any)" box in the EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties window as shown below and
press "OK." Press "OK" on the Protected EAP Properties window on right as well.
- Click the "Advanced Settings" button on the "Security" tab of the "cci_connect Wireless
Network Properties" window.
- Check the "Specify authentication mode:" box and click the "OK" button.
- Click the "OK" button and then the "Close" button. You should now have a balloon pop
up at the bottom right of your screen reading, "Additional information is needed to
connect cci_connect. Click to provide additional information." Click on this balloon.
- Type in your MyCI User Name and Password. Click the "OK" button. Please wait 60 seconds.
You should now be connected to the wireless.
- When you change your MyCI Password, you will have to change it for your wireless settings as well. Please reference the "Change Wireless Password" page at the Help Desk for instructions on how to do this.