Wireless Setup on XP Using Windows Wireless Configuration ToolDownload PDF Version (PDF, 357KB)
Requirements: SP3 or SP2 with required patch KB893357
Wireless Card with WPA2 capability
- Start > Settings > Network Connections
- Right Click on "Wireless Network Connection" > "Properties"
- Wireless Networks Tab > Add > Association Tab > Set:
Network Name (SSID): cci_connect
Network Authentication: WPA2
Data encryption: AES
- Authentication Tab > Set:
EAP type: Protected EAP(PEAP)
Authenticate as computer when computer information is available: Checked
Authenticate as guest when user or computer information is unavailable: Unchecked
- Properties > Set:
Validate server certificate: Unchecked
Select Authentication Method: Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
Enable Fast Reconnect: Checked
Enable Quarantine checks: Unchecked
Disconnect if server does not present cryptobinding TLV: Unchecked
- Configure > Set:
Automatically Use My Windows logon Name and password (and domain if any): Unchecked
- Click OK on all open dialogs.
- A pop-up message will come up near the task bar. Click on it! If you missed it just
wait a minute and it will come up again.
- Fill in your User name and Password. Leave the Domain blank. > OK > You are done.