Funded by Project Vista, a U.S. Department of Education Title V Grant
October 2010-September 2015
The CI Vista Scholars Program is designed to increase enrollment and graduation rates of historically under-served, under-represented students in post-baccalaureate/graduate programs at California State University Channel Islands (CI).
Evidence of meeting the following criteria is required to be considered for a CI Vista Scholarship.
- Demonstrated financial need via Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for current academic year.
- Accepted to or currently enrolled in a post-baccalaureate/graduate program at CI
- Demonstrated reliability as a student and evidence of potential for success in post-baccalaureate/graduate studies
- U.S. citizen
Fall 2014 Application Process:
Scholarship Flyer Fall 2014 (14.0 MB, PDF)
Application packet will include:
Once done completing form fillable follow these steps to e-mail:
- Click on 'File' > Click 'Save As' > Save pdf on computer
(must have Acrobat installed on computer)
- E-mail saved pdf to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on July 14, 2014.
2) Evidence of program admission
(e.g., admission letter and/or unofficial transcripts showing course enrollment)
3) Personal statement, no more than 2 pages, to include:
- Career goals and how the CI Vista Scholarship will facilitate their achievement
- Description of personal strengths and challenges to academic success
4) Two recommendations from professors attesting to:
- Performance/reliability as a student
- Potential for success in post-baccalaureate/graduate studies
Recommendation form (19.8 KB, PDF)
*If you have troubles with e-mail submission process, feel free to contact Graduate Studies Center at (805) 437-3579.
Selection and Award Process
- CI Vista Scholars will be determined based on the above selection criteria, and potentially on additional program-specific criteria, through careful deliberations and discussions among the scholarship committee members. Applications will be reviewed and awards made by committees established by each postbac/graduate program at CI.
- Scholarship award amounts (typically from $500-$2500) are determined by program committees and may vary from program to program as well as within a particular program.
- Final decisions about scholarship recipients and award amounts will be made by simple majority vote of program committee members present for deliberations.
Past Scholarship Recipients