Vista Scholarship Program
Funded by Project Vista, a U.S. Department of Education Title V Grant
October 2010-September 2015
The CI Vista Scholars Program is designed to increase enrollment and graduation rates of historically under-served, under-represented students in postbaccalaureate/graduate programs at California State University Channel Islands (CI).
Evidence of meeting the following criteria is required to be considered for a CI Vista Scholarship.
- Demonstrated financial need via Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Accepted or currently enrolled in a postbaccalaureate/graduate program at CI
- Demonstrated reliability as a student and evidence of potential for success in postbaccalaureate/graduate studies
- U.S. citizen
Scholarship Flyer (PDF, 25.1 KB)
Components of the application packet include:
Application packet will include:
- Personal statement, no more than 2 pages, to include:
- Career goals and how the CI Vista Scholarship will facilitate their achievement
- Description of personal strengths and challenges to academic success
- Evidence of program admission (e.g., admission letter and/or unofficial transcripts showing course enrollment)
- Recommendations from professors (2) attesting to (see also Recommendation form):
- Performance/reliability as a student
- Potential for success in postbac/graduate studies
Application submission process via e-mail Once done completing form fillable follow these steps:
1) Click on 'File' > Click 'Save As' > Save pdf on computer
(must have Acrobat installed on computer)
2) E-mail saved pdf to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on December 6th.
If you have troubles with e-mail submission process, feel free to contact Graduate Studies Center at (805) 437-3579.
Selection and Award Process
- CI Vista Scholars will be determined based on the above selection criteria, and potentially on additional program-specific criteria, through careful deliberations and discussions among the scholarship committee members. Applications will be reviewed and awards made by committees established by each postbac/graduate program at CI.
- Scholarship award amounts (typically from $500-$2500) are determined by program committees and may vary from program to program as well as within a particular program.
- Final decisions about scholarship recipients and award amounts will be made by simple majority vote of program committee members present for deliberations.
Past Scholarship Recipients