The Vice President for the Division of Finance & Administration
The Division of Finance & Administration (DFA) supports the community by transforming the delivery of services through continuous improvements, providing a foundation that is knowledge driven, flexible in approach and entrepreneurial in spirit.
DFA is comprised of five units and four core programs plus auxiliaries that support the CI campus by providing essential services. The organization structure includes Fiscal Services, Human Resources, Operations/Planning and Construction, Public Safety, and University Glen/Site Authority. Additionally, DFA is responsible for Budget, Financial Planning, Environmental Health & Safety, and Risk Management.
Our Approach: Transformation
The challenges we face by reduced funding and anticipated campus growth requires a shift in the way we do business. In addition to incremental improvements in our operations, transformational changes to our unit, program leadership, and business strategies will help us achieve the next level of performance to serve 5,000 FTE’s and beyond. We are re-conceiving our programs and services, putting systems in place, and intentionally challenging ourselves as leaders. We are also empowering members of DFA by equipping them with the skills and knowledge needed to fully participate in planning, implementation, assessment, and improvement processes.
Our Approach: Collaboration
As we build programs, create structures and processes, and provide next level services, we are deliberately invested in building relationships amongst DFA units, with other campus units, and with our community partners. The results of these investments are developing in the form of partnerships, LEAN improvements and cost savings, as well as less tangible assets like strengthened trust, goodwill, and capacity for more effective change and further innovation.
CSU Channel Islands Division of Finance & Administration consolidates a number of major university units under the leadership of Vice President Ysabel Trinidad. DFA’s executive strategy team guides the organization through its mission and through its strategies, as noted on the DFA Strategy Map.
DFA assists the CI community by leading and managing the University’s business services including physical and financial assets, human resources programs, public safety, and auxiliary operations through its work in the following groups:
- Finance - Fiscal Services Budget and Fiscal Services, Procurement and Contract Services and Student Business Services
- Human Resources - Employee Relations, Training and Professional Development, Benefits, Work/Life, Compensation and Classification, and Payroll Services
- Operations, Planning and Construction (OPC) - Building Maintenance, Custodial, Planning, Design and Construction Services, Special Events, Mail Services, and Landscaping
- Public Safety - Police Services, Transportation and Parking Services and Environmental Health and Safety
- University Glen Corporation/Site Authority - Real Estate and Property Management, Commercial Services, and CI Power
Finance & Administration is supported by:
- Finance & Administration- Special Projects and Organizational Effectiveness units