Starting January 2014, most Californians are required to have some type of health insurance. Covered California (CC) is the State’s new insurance marketplace that allows you to compare and choose affordable plans. CI has arranged for a United Way Covered California Certified Educator to visit campus in November to answer questions about health insurance. The Educator can explain what this new requirement means to you.
Learn more…..attend one of the following:
One on One Sessions:
- SUB Coville Conference Room (1080): Wednesday, Nov. 20, 10-11:30 a.m.
- SUB Meeting Room A (2021): Wednesday, Nov. 20, 5-6:30 p.m.
Students can find additional details by visiting: http://www.csuci.edu/studenthealth/covered-california.htm.
If you are unable to attend one of the sessions above, you may also contact Catherine Pedrosa atCatherine.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805-485-6288 ext. 270. Or connect with Covered California at/on: www.coveredca.com; 1-888-975-1142; Twitter @coveredca; www.facebook.com/CoveredCA; and Google+ /plus.google.com/+CoveredCA/posts.
For more information, contact Deborah Gravelle, Assistant to the Dean of Students, at ext. 3177 orDeborah.email@example.com.
The CSU’s new Outstanding Faculty website highlights the stories of exemplary faculty such as CI’s Blake Gillespie, who received the “President’s Award for Innovations in Teaching & Learning” award for his dedication to collaborating with other campus faculty members to design and teach innovative interdisciplinary courses, such as a field course on blue whale migration that combines Chemistry, English, and Biology.
Find out more by visiting http://blogs.calstate.edu/outstanding-faculty/
The following administrative policies have been approved by the President following recommendation from the President's Planning and Policy Council (PPPC).
- AA.01.003 - Policy on the University Events Calendar
- This policy was renewed on consent with minimal non-substantive changes.
- AA.01.005 - Policy on Use of Unmanned Aerial Systems
- This policy establishes policy guidance concerning the appropriate operation of and uses for unmanned aerial systems related to academic endeavors at California State University Channel Islands (CI).
- CM.02.005 - Policy on Postings and Signage
- Revisions to this policy include removing procedural items which are now included as an exhibit link as well as modifying the approving university officials.
Full text of these and all administrative policies may be found on the Administrative
Policy Website at http://policy.csuci.edu/.
Please direct questions regarding specific policies to the individual(s) or area(s) listed in the accountability section of each policy.
© Wavelength November 14, 2013