Wavelength is the University’s online newsletter published bi-weekly during the fall and spring semesters by the Communication & Marketing office. CI students, faculty or staff who have University-related news, announcements, or events (open to the campus community and/or public), may submit the information using one of the forms found on the Submissions page. Questions may be directed to:
Wavelength Assistant Editor
- University updates or accomplishments
- Unique academic or student news to share
- Employee Union activities/events
- General HR notices or announcements
- Division or department announcements, change in hours, services, etc.
- Town Center tenants may submit 1 or 2 events per semester only, that are specifically geared to the CI community
- Campus events or activities having already occurred within the past month where students, faculty, or staff are recognized with awards
- Highlight community service or participation in community events within the past month by students, faculty or staff.
- Submit through the appropriate online form event-related announcements or other announcements
- 200 words or less written in paragraph form
- Flyers or attachments may not substitute for written information as noted in #1.
- Photographs (optional)
- Event details to include: date, time, location, cost, RSVP or contact info
- Deadline for submissions are Mondays, 5 p.m. the week of publication.
- A maximum inclusion for an article will be twice in any wavelength issue, i.e. a save the date, or reminder of an event, activity, etc. Requestor shall determine the publish dates according to the wavelength schedule.
- Professional titles should be capitalized, e.g. Director of Communication & Marketing, Professor of Biology
- Quotes should not be included in the article
- Each article should conclude with: For additional information contact (name), (title), at ext. (####) or (email).
- Education degrees should not be included, e.g. Ph.D., MA, MS, BA, BS, etc.
- Formal titles should not be included, e.g. Dr., Ms.,
- Personal news or items for sale may not be published.
- External events may not be included unless sponsored by the University