Upcoming University event-related announcements must include date, time, location, details/description of the event, and a contact person. Complete and submit this form to have your event-related announcement included in Wavelength. Post-event photos can also be submitted with a brief caption to appear in a subsequent issue of Wavelength.
Announcements for University-related awards, news or other information are also accepted. Complete and submit this form to have your announcement included in the next issue of Wavelength.
Wavelength is the University’s online newsletter published bi-weekly during the fall and spring semesters by the Communication & Marketing office. CI students, faculty or staff who have University-related news, announcements, or events (open to the campus community and/or public), may submit the information using one of the forms outlined above. Questions may be directed to:
Wavelength Assistant Editor
- University updates or accomplishments
- Unique academic or student news to share
- Employee Union activities/events
- General HR notices or announcements
- Division or department announcements, change in hours, services, etc.
- Town Center tenants may submit 1 or 2 events per semester only, that are specifically geared to the CI community
- 1-2 photographs with brief captions (1 or 2 brief sentences) that highlight awards, campus events/activities, or community service within the past couple weeks.
- 200 words or less written in paragraph form
- Links to event or area/dept web pages are encouraged.
- One or two photographs (optional).
- Event details to include: day of the week, date, time, location, cost, RSVP or contact info
- Flyers or attachments may not substitute for written information.
- Deadline for submissions are Mondays, 5 p.m. the week of publication.
- A maximum inclusion for an article will be twice in any Wavelength issue, i.e. a save the date, or reminder of an event, activity, etc. Requestor shall determine the publish dates according to the Wavelength schedule.
- Direct quotes will not be included in articles.
- Academic degrees will not be included, e.g. Ph.D., M.A., M.S., B.A., B.S.
- Each article should conclude with: For additional information contact (name), (institutional title), at ext. (####) or (email). Institutional titles should always be capitalized before or after a name.
- External events unrelated to the University may not be included unless sponsored by CI.
- Personal news or items for sale will not be published