Upcoming University event-related announcements must include date, time, location, details/description of the event, and a contact person. Complete and submit this Upcoming University event-related announcements form to have your event-related announcement included in Wavelength. Post-event photos can also be submitted with a brief caption to appear in a subsequent issue of Wavelength.
Announcements for University-related awards, news or other information are also accepted. Complete and submit this >Announcements for University-related awards form to have your announcement included in the next issue of Wavelength.
Wavelength is the University’s online newsletter published bi-weekly during the fall and spring semesters by the Communication & Marketing office. CI students, faculty or staff who have University-related news, announcements, or events (open to the campus community and/or public), may submit the information using one of the forms outlined above. Questions may be directed to:
Wavelength Assistant Editor
- University updates or accomplishments
- Unique academic or student news to share
- Employee Union activities/events
- General HR notices or announcements
- Division or department announcements, change in hours, services, etc.
- Town Center tenants may submit 1 or 2 events per semester only, that are specifically geared to the CI community
- 1-2 photographs with brief captions (1 or 2 brief sentences) that highlight awards, campus events/activities, or community service within the past couple weeks.
- 200 words or less written in paragraph form
- Links to event or area/dept web pages are encouraged.
- One or two photographs (optional).
- Event details to include: day of the week, date, time, location, cost, RSVP or contact info
- Flyers or attachments may not substitute for written information.
- Deadline for submissions are Mondays, 5 p.m. the week of publication.
- A maximum inclusion for an article will be twice in any Wavelength issue, i.e. a save the date, or reminder of an event, activity, etc. Requestor shall determine the publish dates according to the Wavelength schedule.
- Direct quotes will not be included in articles.
- Academic degrees will not be included, e.g. Ph.D., M.A., M.S., B.A., B.S.
- Each article should conclude with: For additional information contact (name), (institutional title), at ext. (####) or (email). Institutional titles should always be capitalized before or after a name.
- External events unrelated to the University may not be included unless sponsored by CI.
- Personal news or items for sale will not be published