Campus Writing Presentations Artifacts
The following PowerPoints, handouts, and articles have been culled from on campus presentations about writing, conducted by CI Faculty. On PowerPoint slides, the “notes” portion beneath the slide image provides an explanation and/or context.
- What is Low Stakes Writing? (PDF, 43.4KB)
- Low Stakes Writing, or Writing to Learn (PDF, 121KB)
- Low Stakes Writing Examples (MS Word, 163KB)
- Some Approaches to Support Underprepared Students (MS Word, 35.0KB)
- Helpful Tips For Writing A Literature Review (PDF, 112KB)
- Macbeth, K. (2010). Deliberate false provisions: The use and usefulness of models in learning academic writing. Journal of Second Language Writing, 19 (1): 33-48.
- Murie, R. (1997). Building editing skills: Putting students at the center of the editing process. New Directions For Teaching And Learning, 70, 61-68.