Students who have fulfilled the degree residence requirements may be permitted to complete up to 16 of the remaining units at other regionally accredited colleges or universities by petitioning to graduate “in absentia.” Approval to graduate in absentia must be requested in advance. Major or minor course substitutions are to be approved by the appropriate academic programs, and GE courses must be approved through the General Education Committee. Approval for graduation in absentia will hold catalog requirements and degree candidacy for 2 years beyond the last term enrolled. Students may petition for in-absentia graduation status through the Registrar office.
(SP 06-20)