Travel Funding for Tenured & Tenure-track Faculty

President Beck has allocated travel funding to support faculty research, scholarship, and creative activity (RSCA) through academic year 2019-2020. For more detail refer to the Academic Senate Procedure Number PAS-2019-01 (PDF, 94KB)

To apply and receive the travel funds, please follow the steps below:

Step 1 - Complete the form   Tenure and Tenure-track Faculty Travel Form

Once completed, you will receive an email from Academic Planning & Budgeting within 2 business days that includes a specific account structure that must be used for travel related to the specific funding source.

Step 2 – Present email confirmation

Present the email confirmation containing the accounting structure received from Academic Planning & Budgeting to your department analyst/coordinator.

Step 3 - Request final approval from Dean

Follow your school/area protocol or procedure to receive Dean Approval for travel (A&S requires a Travel Authorization form signed). As stated within Procedure Number PAS-2019-01 (PDF, 94KB): “Program Chairs will review travel requests for accuracy and compliance and forward to their Dean for final approval.”

Step 4 – Submit your travel expense claim(s)

After travel occurs, use CERTIFY to submit your travel expense claim(s).

*After the Fact Travel

If travel occurred prior to the establishment of this process and assuming you have already received final approval from your Dean, please follow Step 1 and Step 2.

Receiving the confirmation email will assure the appropriate accounting structure is utilized to move the related travel expenses by JET (if expenses are showing under your department budget) or to fill out your travel claim via Certify with the correct accounting information. 

Additional Resources

Academic Senate Website

CI Travel Webpage

Back to Top ↑