Doing Business with California State University Channel Islands (CSUCI)

The following information is being provided to help vendors understand the policies and procedures that CI, as an agent of the State of California and a member of the 23 campus CSU system must follow. Procurement and Contract Services (PCS) is a small team of professionals dedicated to ensuring that the contracting and purchasing endeavors are efficiently and effectively administered in accordance with the law and good business practices. This business unit has the delegated authority to enter into contracts, service agreements, and teaching, nursing and all other placement agreements. Signing contracts and agreements without written, delegated authority could open one up to personal liability.

Prospective Vendors

Procurement is glad to meet with any prospective vendors. Please call or email the Buyer listed under Contact Information who matches the type of business or service you provide to arrange an appointment. Once a supplier becomes established by doing business with the campus, relationships will develop naturally with members of the University community. Campus staff and faculty may contact vendors for quotes, then submit the quotes with an internal request form to Procurement. Procurement then contacts the supplier if there are questions or additional information is needed and issues the formal Purchase Order (PO) or Contractual Agreement. This PO is the evidence of the University’s financial commitment to enter into a purchase agreement with a particular supplier. No work should be done in advance of the supplier’s receipt of a PO.

New Vendors

The information needed to include new vendors in the vendor database can be completed with three forms. The first is the Vendor Data Record Form 204.This form is required by the State of California so that the University’s Accounts Payable department is authorized to pay an invoice. The Form 204 is similar to the W-9 tax form used by private industry. The second is the Vendor Contact form detailing the vendor's contact information and what type of business the vendor is engaged in. The third form is the voluntary ERG form.

Small/Micro Business and Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise

State law requires state agencies to use State of California certified small/micro business’ and disabled veteran owned business enterprise (DVBE) in all state contracts and POs. Small/micro business  certification entitles these business’ to a 5% bid preference on informal quotes and competitively bid solicitations. The 5% bid preference is only used for computational purposes to determine an award.

Insurance Requirements

Vendors physically working on campus are required to provide proof of commercial general liability, auto and worker’s compensation insurance with endorsements naming CI as additionally insured. Professional services and consulting services such as engineering, architectural etc. must provide proof of professional liability insurance. All insurance certificates and endorsements must be on file prior to any work beginning on campus.

Planet Bids, an online bidding tool, has been added to the CI procurement web page in order to enhance our community outreach. To be automatically notified of upcoming competitively bid solicitations, register as a vendor using the following link: Vendor Registration. If you are willing to supply goods and services during a campus emergency, this can also be done when you register. To see current solicitation opportunities click on the link “Bid Opportunities.”

Contact Information

For more information go to the Procurement Contact Information webpage or call us at 805-437-8592.  

Back to Top ↑