Students enrolling under a University-sanctioned program (see below) may have some portion or all of their tuition and other fees waived or paid by a sponsoring organization. The signed authorization/voucher must be submitted to Student Business Services at least one week prior to the fee deadline. The employer/ agency will then be invoiced for the authorized amount, or actual, if less. Payment is due within thirty days. Authorizations with payment restrictions are not accepted. If the employer/agency does not assume responsibility for the full amount of registration fees, the student will be responsible to pay the difference by the published due date.

Corporate/Organization Sponsorship

A contractual agreement between the sponsoring agency and CI, or a prior arrangement with Student Business Services, is required. Students then submit their signed authorization to SBS (see Sponsorships).

Federal Government

A signed authorization, written on letterhead stationery of a recognized branch of the Federal Government, is required (see Sponsorships).


Authorization bearing the signature of the commanding officer or recognized official, written on letterhead stationery or a 1556 form which clearly indicates the sponsoring agency, is required. Conditional authorizations are not accepted (see Sponsorships).

State and Veterans Vocational Rehabilitation

Signed authorization from the State Department of Rehabilitation or Veterans Administration is required (see Sponsorships).

Veterans Services

Students who are eligible with the Veterans Administration can seek education allowances under provisions of any Veterans Act. Students who are eligible with the Veterans administration can seek education allowances under provisions of any Veterans Act. Students who wish to draw benefits, and are enrolled for any semester, are required to have their current program on file with the VA Certifying Official, who can be reached at 805-437-3524.