Fall 2022 Admitted Students

Required Immunizations

CSU Channel Islands requires that all incoming students starting in or after Fall 2022 and did not previously attend a California public high school or college submit documentation of vaccination or immunity to the following as well as screening for tuberculosis, consistent with guidelines of the American College Health AssociationCalifornia Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).

Required Vaccination:

  • Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)
  • Hepatitis B (Hep B) - 18 years old and younger
  • Varicella (Chickenpox) - history of contracting the disease does not meet compliance
  • Tetanus-Diphtheria-Pertussis (Tdap) - vaccine/booster within last 10 years
  • Meningococcal Disease (Serogroups A, C, Y, W-135) - 21 years old and younger
  • Tuberculosis Screening/Risk Assessment (TB)


Some vaccinations require two (2) or more doses. When submitting your records to the verification platform, please ensure that information for all doses is included to avoid delays in immunization verification. For more information about vaccine dosage, please review the detailed requirement list (PDF, 1.4 MB) or visit the CDC website.

Screening for Tuberculosis - All incoming students who are at higher risk for TB infection should undergo either skin or blood testing for TB within six (6) months prior to entry to CSUCI. Higher risk includes travel to or living in South & Central America, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East; prior positive TB test; or exposure to someone with active TB.

Recommended Immunizations and Screenings

(Students are encouraged to discuss with their healthcare provider)

  • Hepatitis A (Hep A)
  • Hepatitis B (Hep B) - For all students 19 years and older
  • Human papillomavirus (HPV)
  • Influenza (Flu)
  • Meningococcal B (Meningitis B)
  • Pneumococcal
  • Poliovirus (Polio)


  • Students who must submit their records will receive upload instructions in their Dolphin email accounts. Do not mail, email, or drop off your documents with the University.
  • Please contact your primary care provider if you need to complete any vaccinations to fulfill the immunization requirements. Student Health Services (SHS) can also refer insured and uninsured students in need of immunizations to off-campus providers. Call SHS to make an appointment for a referral: 805-437-8828. SHS does not provide immunizations to students at this time.
  • If you are missing some of your immunization records, SHS or your primary health care provider can prescribe a blood test (Titer Test) that may assist in determining immunity. Please call SHS at 805-437-8828 for additional information.
  • Failure to comply with the immunization requirements will result in a hold on your account, which will prevent you from registering for classes in the following semester.

Academic Program and Fieldwork or Clinical Placement Requirements

All students enrolled in health care fields of study or teacher education programs are required to provide documentation regarding the completion of immunizations and health screenings as established by the state licensing agencies or clinical placement sites or fieldwork sites. Students should contact the academic program for the specific required immunizations, health screenings, and any other fieldwork or clinical placement requirements.

Vaccines for International Travel/Study Abroad

Immunization requirements for international travel are based on the destination. Visit the CDC website for more information.


The only accepted exemptions to the University’s immunization requirements are based on medical considerations. Students with a medical condition that prevents them from being safely vaccinated may apply for a medical exemption.

The medical exemption letter must include the following:

  • The need for exemption due to an existing medical (including mental health) condition
  • The name, address, phone number, and license number of the medical provider.
  • The signature of the student's certified or licensed healthcare professional

The student should scan the letter for upload and retain the original. Do not mail, email, or drop off the letter with the University.

Back to Services

Back to Top ↑