You already know it: You have a brain for business. Whether you want to build your own company or help a nonprofit organization succeed, studying in the Martin V. Smith School of Business & Economics will prepare you for a variety of careers through an education that's creative, innovative, and focused on you and your future success.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Business (Main Campus)
- Option in Entrepreneurship
- Option in Finance
- Option in Global Business
- Option in Management
- Option in Marketing
- Bachelor of Science in Business (Santa Barbara)
- Bachelor of Science in Business-to-MBA (Santa Barbara)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Online (Cal State Online)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Dual Degree: Master of Science (MS) in Biotechnology and Master of Business Administration (MBA)
CI is known for its interdisciplinary approach to learning and our business program is no exception. You'll learn to think critically, collaborate, and communicate. Your education will be built on a strong foundation of principles, from accounting to management to marketing. Because we take an interdisciplinary approach, you'll be required to take courses outside the traditional business curriculum, such as biology, chemistry, education, English, fine arts, history, and performing arts. Through your capstone course, you'll combine all you've learned through a Global Strategy Simulation exercise.
Our graduates are prepared to work for public and private businesses and organizations in a variety of roles, as well as to go on to graduate and professional schools.
Top careers include:
- Administrative analyst
- Executive assistant
- Financial advisor
- Financial manager
- Insurance agent
- Management analyst
- Market research analyst
- Marketing manager
- Business analyst
- Business management
Your future income
Visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics to learn more about the outlook for your future career.