Transfer Student Admissions
Fall 2013 Admissions
CI will accept applications from transfer students beginning October 1, 2012- November 30, 2012. Applications will be accepted from all categories of upper division transfer applicants.
Steps to Enroll
- Apply at www.csumentor.edu from October 1, 2012 - November 30, 2012.
- Request from all colleges and universities attended to have official transcripts sent to CI by January 25, 2013. If you are currently enrolled in classes, you must submit an official transcript. Fall 2012 grades are not required to be posted.
- Apply for Financial Aid beginning January 1, 2013 - March 2, 2013.
- Check your email for an admission decision between January 2013 - April 2013.
- If admitted, submit your intent to enroll form and $100 non-refundable deposit no later than May 1, 2013.
- Sign up for Academic Advisement and Orientation workshops which take place in June/July 2013. Only students who have submitted their intent to enroll will receive the links to register for the workshops.
- Maintain your CSU eligibility by passing classes with a grade of "C" or better.
Spring 2013 Admissions
CI is no longer accepting applications for the Spring 2013 term.
Due to continued cuts in funding from the State of California, the California State University (CSU) must limit enrollment for the spring 2013 term. CI will accept applications only from community college transfer students who complete the Associate Degree for Transfer, which was made possible through Senate Bill 1440.
Applications are only accepted from students who meet the following criteria:
California community college upper division transfer students (applicants with 60 or more semester transferable units by the time of entry) who have earned or will complete one of the following approved Transfer AA/AS programs from a CA community college by the end of fall 2012.
|Early Chilldhood Studies||Psychology|
|Elementary Teacher Education (Liberal Studies)||Sociology|
Please note: Students will need to provide proof of either completion or in-progress Transfer AA/AS degree in the form of a graduation evaluation from their respective community college.
Steps to Apply
1. Apply to CI online at www.csumentor.edu beginning August 1st.
2. Submit the following:
- $55.00 application fee or request for application fee waiver (disregard if you have already paid online at www.csumentor.edu or were granted a fee waiver)
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. (This includes official transcripts from the school you are currently attending). If you have attended a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit this transcript along with a certified detailed English translation.
- Verification from your community college of completion or in-progress Transfer AA/AS degree.
- Advance Placement (AP) test scores (if applicable)
Transcripts, Application fee, test scores (if applicable), verification of Transfer AA/AS completion or in-progress degree are due no later than Monday, October 22, 2012 5:30 pm. Files not complete by this date will not be evaluated for the spring term.
You're Invited to Participate
If you have questions about Spring 2013/Fall 2013 or CSU Channel Islands, you are invited to participate in a LIVE interactive chat session with a CI representative. Register for these chat sessions at www.csuci.edu/admissions. Click on "Group Chat Session".