Application Procedures and Deadlines
The EOP application deadline is January 31*, 2014.
Online applications must be received by 11:59 p.m.
Mailed applications must be received on-campus by this date. This is not a postmark date.
Due to the significant number of applications processed, it is important that you apply EARLY. Space is limited.
*Subject to change.
- Submit a CSU application to CI online at the CSU Mentor website during the priority filing period, which is October 1 through November 30, 2013.
- Check "Yes" to the question on the CSU application about EOP to indicate that you are interested in receiving more information. This does not mean you have applied for EOP; you still must complete an EOP application.
- Attach application fee or complete a fee waiver form (this can be completed online).
- Submit the EOP application to CI online at CSU Mentor EOP Application by the January 31, 2014, priority deadline.
- Select at least one person to write a letter of recommendation for you. Only one letter is required; however, two are encouraged. This may be submitted electronically via the CSU Mentor EOP Application web page and must be received by January 31, 2014.
- Send your SAT I or ACT test scores to Admissions & Recruitment at CI. For testing information go to the SAT website or ACT website.
- Request that official high school transcripts be sent to Admissions & Recruitment at CI.
- Sign up to take the Entry Level Math (ELM) and the English Placement Test (EPT), unless exempt. These tests must be taken no later than the May 3, 2014, test date. See the Educational Testing Service website for test information.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application by January 31, 2014. You may apply online at the FAFSA website or the California Dream Act Application website.
- Submit the GPA Verification Form by the March 3, 2014, deadline (for Cal Grant eligibility). For more information see the Cal Grant website.
- Check your email on a regular basis; all communication will be made via email.
Acceptance to EOP will remain pending until our EOP Selection Committee reviews your completed EOP file consisting of the following:
- EOP application - due January 31, 2014
- At least one letter of recommendation - due January 31, 2014
- Confirmation of completed FAFSA or California Dream Act Application and income verification - due January 31, 2014
- Confirmation of submitted GPA Verification Form - due March 3, 2014
- Register for the ELM/EPT test (unless exempt) - to be taken no later than the first May 2014 test date
This is a self-guided process. We strongly suggest you periodically call the EOP Center at (805) 437-8939 to check on the status of your file.
Helpful phone numbers to assist you as you apply to CI and EOP:
|CI Admissions office||(805) 437-8500|
|EOP Center||(805) 437-8939|
|Financial Aid office||(805) 437-8530|
|Disability Resource Programs||(805) 437-3331|
|Campus tours||(805) 437-8520|
|ELM/EPT testing||(805) 437-3215|
|Housing & Residential Education||(805) 437-2733|
How are EOP Participants Selected?
All EOP applicants are reviewed by a committee made up of EOP and campus staff. The committee members review each file individually. Decisions are based on academic performance and personal information provided on the EOP forms and letter of recommendation. It is important that you provide the kind of information that helps the committee understand why you need the services provided by EOP.
Completed applications will be reviewed after March 1, 2014. You will be informed of an EOP admission decision in late April or early May 2014. Admission to CI does not guarantee admission to EOP nor does admission to EOP guarantee admission to CI.