The Financial Aid & Scholarships Office at California State University Channel Islands (CI) is comprised of dedicated financial aid professionals committed to serving students by providing them information to secure the necessary financial resources to meet their educational goals. The types and amounts of financial aid Channel Islands awards or recommends are subject to availability of funds, enrollment status, and financial need. Channel Islands students have a variety of financial aid programs available for assistance. Programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options.
PLEASE NOTE: Financial Aid Counselors will be unavailable to respond to incoming inquiries during the week of July 21-25 due to peak processing time and the upcoming August 19, 2014 payment deadline date. Students and parents may call our office at (805) 437-8530 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance; our Financial Aid Specialists and trained student assistants are here to serve you. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Channel Islands Federal School Code: 039803
2014-2015 Financial Aid Award Updates & Announcements
- Please visit our Important Deadlines tab for additional information regarding important financial aid deadlines.
- Financial Aid Award processing is currently underway for all new and continuing CI students. Award notifications are emailed directly to the student's myCI email address when the financial aid award is complete. Students who were selected for review in a process called Verification and submitted complete documents by the May 30th document deadline date will receive a financial aid award notification prior to the CI payment deadline date. Students who did NOT meet the March 2 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) filing and May 30 document deadline dates may be required to pay their tuition fees from their own resources by the August 19th payment deadline.
Beginning January 1, 2014, you may complete, electronically sign and submit your 2014-2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online by visiting FAFSA on the Web. The filing deadline for the FAFSA was Sunday, March 2, 2014, however, it is not too late to apply! To reduce possible mistakes and to streamline the financial aid application process, we highly recommend that students and parents attempt to use the IRS Data Retrieval tool. This means when filling out your FAFSA you may be eligible to automatically retrieve your federal tax information directly from the IRS into your FAFSA!
The Financial Aid Office cannot accept copies of the student and/or parent federal tax return. If you utilized the IRS Data Retrieval Tool, you do NOT have to submit a tax return transcript. However, if requested, students and parents may be required to submit an IRS Tax Return Transcript. You may request a FREE of charge transcript of the 2013 federal tax return from the IRS in one of five ways:
- Obtain electronic PDF version at www.irs.gov/transcript
- By calling 1-800-908-9946
- IRS2Go Self-service; mobile; 5-10 calendar day delivery to the address on file (available for Android and iOS Apple mobile devices
- Online at http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Order-a-Transcript
- By mail using the IRS Form 4506T-EZ
For more detailed information on how to request a federal tax transcript, please visit the IRS website.