Materials, Services, Facilities, and Technology (MSFT)
Materials, Services, Facilities, and Technology Funding
The Materials, Services, Facilities, and Technology (MSFT) Fee was initially established under CSU Executive Order 827. In Fall 2012 CI students approved a fee referendum increasing the MSFT fee by $30.00/student/semester over a period of three years (increasing the rate $25.00/student/semester in fall 2013, no increase/student/semester in fall 2014, and $5.00/student/semester in fall 2015) gradually raising the fee from the current rate of $35.00 to $65.00 by fall 2015.
The purpose of the fee is to:
- Expand useable space at the university including purchase of instructional equipment, furniture, special repairs, and deferred maintenance
- Provide services that enhance the educational experience of students
- Make purchases that enhance the student's university experience such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Equipping and upgrading computer labs
- Equipping and upgrading science labs
- Enhancing technology resources and to provide better & up-to-date service(s) to students
The funds generated by the MSFT fee are managed by a committee, appointed by the President, which consists of students, faculty and staff.