Materials, Services, Facilities, and Technology
The Materials, Services, Facilities, and Technology (MSFT) Fee was initially established under CSU Executive Order 827. In Fall 2012 CI students approved a fee referendum increasing the MSFT fee by $30.00/student/semester over a period of three years (increasing the rate $25.00/student/semester in fall 2013, no increase/student/semester in fall 2014, and $5.00/student/semester in fall 2015) gradually raising the fee from the current rate of $35.00 to $65.00 by fall 2015.
MSFT FEE:The Materials, Services, Facilities, and Technology (MSFT) Fee was instituted in fall 2002 (then named Materials, Services and Facilities Fee). The MSFT fund is managed by a student led committee that reviews requests for funds and makes recommendations about allocations of resources.
THE PURPOSE of the fee is to:
- Expand useable space at the university such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Support & purchase of instructional equipment and/or furniture
- Support & purchase of non-instructional items such as outdoor furniture
- Support & purchase of special repairs and/or deferred maintenance
- Provide services that enhance the educational experience of students such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Additional support for writing, tutoring, & student related services
- Additional support for disability resource programs
- Additional support for students in student directed projects (technology & non-technology)
- Make purchases that enhance the student's university experience such as, but not limited to, the following:
- Equipping and upgrading computer, science, & research labs
- Equipping and upgrading instructional & specialized labs
- Enhancing technology resources and to provide better & up-to-date service(s) to students
The funds generated by the MSFT fee are managed by a committee, appointed by the President, which consists of students, faculty and staff.