For CI students:
Apply here for a STEM Outreach Assistant position.
For K-14 educators, administrators and partners:
Outreach activities conducted by Project ACCESO include:
- Science Carnival that engages K - 8 grade kids in hands-on science activites, held in November of each year. Learn more about the Science Carnival.
- Idea to Impact is a student competition program where middle and high school students engage in projects that involve community service and research related to energy and the environment and that culminate in teaching of the project to elementary school students. Projects are judged by CI faculty and students. Learn more about Idea to Impact.
- STEM Expo provides middle and high school students with information about possible STEM careers with regional science and technology companies, held in conjunction with the annual Ventura County Science Fair in March or April of each year. Learn more about the STEM Expo.
- Science Nights at regional elementary, middle, and high school campuses;
- STEM Diversity Series which brings a professional who comes from a disadvantaged background to speak to college and high school students about that individual's path to a STEM career;
- STEM Pathways Workshops for parents of middle and high school students and for community college students. Workshop attendees will learn about pathways to a STEM career, the benefits of a STEM career, methods to search STEM career options and Project ACCESO's recommendation to students to better prepare for a STEM pathway.
- STEM Outreach to regional elementary, middle and high school campuses providing age-appropriate, hands-on STEM activities, a STEM Majors Workshop where students learn about pathways and benefits of a STEM major or STEM demonstrations led by CI faculty and students majoring in a STEM discipline. Request information for a STEM Outreach event at your school. We are currently accepting requests for Fall 2014.