2013 Science Carnival to be held at Thurgood-Marshall Elementary School on Saturday, November 2, 2013, from 5 - 8 pm
Add event to your calendar.
The Science Carnival is FREE to the public! Kids in kindergarten through grade 8 and their families are welcome to attend. This event provides students and their families with hands-on science experiences in a Halloween carnival setting. Free parking is available at the school and at Oxnard High School.
CSU Channel Islands (CI) student Yelena Lacey demonstrates the effect of liquid nitrogen on a balloon at the annual CI Science Carnival
We would like to thank the below organizations for providing financial or in-kind support for the 2012 Science Carnival:
- Provost Dawn Neuman, CSU Channel Islands (financial support)
- California Los Padres Section of the American Chemical Society (financial support)
- Walmart (donation of candy)
We would also like to thank volunteers from a number of organizations who are making the 2012 Science Carnival possible:
- Naval Base Ventura County
- Chemistry Department, Moorpark College
- Chemistry Department, Ventura College
- Chemistry Department, Westmont College
- Society of Women Engineers
- Oxnard City Corps
- Oxnard Scholars