Logistics Volunteers and Science Activity Volunteers must both complete the following:
- Read your volunteer position description.
- View the Science Carnival Volunteer Training video:
- Fill-out the Identified Risks of Participation form, initial it and submit it through campus or regular mail to the address on the volunteer training website.
- Complete the CSU Volunteer Identification Form and submit it through campus or regular mail to the address on the volunteer training website.
In addition to the above tasks, Science Activity Volunteers must complete the following:
- Examine background information about your assigned science activity (click here for activity assignments). The final columns in this spreadsheet provide sources for information from the following resources: Bangs, Flashes, and Explosions demo manual, previous Science Carnival Student Write-Ups, and a draft Science Carnival Demo Manual.
- Review the hazards associated with your science activity and read the MSDS forms for chemicals that will be used in your science activity.
- View a short training video that is specific to the Science Carnival.
- View a shortened version of the CI Chemistry Department Safety Video.
After you have completed the above, Logistics Volunteers and Science Activity Volunteers must:
Certify that you have completed the above trainings and that you understand the risks associated with your volunteer role at the Science Carnival by completing the Certification Survey.