Logistics Volunteers and Science Activity Volunteers must both complete the following:
- Read your volunteer position description.
- View the Science Carnival Volunteer Training video. Note: this video has not been updated to 2015 so the date of the event is incorrect. The Science Carnival is Saturday, October 24, 2015.
- Fill-out the Identified Risks of Participationform, initial it and submit it through campus or regular mail to the address on the volunteer training website.
- Complete the CSU Volunteer Identification Form and submit it through campus or regular mail to the address on the volunteer training website.
- Certify that you have completed and understand the training provided for the Science Carnival.
- Certify that you have completed the above training and that you understand the risks associated with your volunteer role at the Science Carnival by completing the Training Certification Survey.
Forms can be sent through CI campus mail to Lori Cordova, El Dorado Hall, brought to the Science Carnival on the day of the event, or sent by regular mail to the below address:
Lori Cordova, Grant Analyst
El Dorado Hall
CSU Channel Islands
One University Drive
Camarillo, CA 91320
In addition to the above tasks, Science Activity Volunteers must complete the following:
Lead Science Activity Volunteers
- Lead science activity volunteers must coordinate with Dr. Hampton to check-out the contents of their tub by October 1, 2015, to ensure that all supplies are available for their activity. You must also complete all items listed under the Activity Volunteers section.
- You are also responsible for contacting students who have signed up for the activity that you are coordinating, bringing the tub and related supplies to the Science Carnival by 3 pm on Saturday, October 24, bringing the tub back home with you and cleaning up any implements used in the activity, and transporting the tub back to campus with a listing of supplies that are needed to refresh the tub.
- Activity Volunteers must connect with the Lead Science Activity Volunteer who will be training you. Training must be completed by October 21, 2015.
- Read and understand the background information about your assigned science activity (click here to access the SignUp Genius website). The columns in this spreadsheet provide information about the hazards of your activity and sources of background information about your activity. Be sure to read any materials related to your activity well in advance of the Science Carnival and send any questions to Prof. Hampton.
- Review the hazards associated with your science activity and read the MSDS forms for chemicals that will be used in your science activity. Chemicals that are used in your science activity are listed in the spreadsheet of activities.
- View a shortened version of the CI Chemistry Department Safety Video.
- As part of the Training Certification Survey, you will be asked whether you viewed these materials and whether you understand the hazards associated with your activity.
- Certain activities may require additional training, especially those involving cryogens, chemicals, or fire. This training must be provided by Prof. Hampton or the Chemistry Laboratory Technicians.
To view Adobe PDF documents, please download and install the free Adobe Reader.