Logistics Volunteers and Science Activity Volunteers must both complete the following:
- Read your volunteer position description.
- View the Science Carnival Volunteer Training video:
- Fill-out the Identified Risks of Participation form, initial it and submit it through campus or regular mail to the address on the volunteer training website.
- Complete the CSU Volunteer Identification Form and submit it through campus or regular mail to the address on the volunteer training website.
In addition to the above tasks, Science Activity Volunteers must complete the following:
- Examine background information about your assigned science activity (click here to access the SignUp Genius website). The columns in this spreadsheet provide information about the hazards of your activity and sources of background information about your activity. Be sure to read any materials related to your activity well in advance of the Science Carnival and send any questions to Prof. Hampton.
- Review the hazards associated with your science activity and read the MSDS forms for chemicals that will be used in your science activity. Chemicals that are used in your science activity are listed in the spreadsheet of activities.
- View a short event safety video that is specific to the Science Carnival.
- View a shortened version of the CI Chemistry Department Safety Video.
After you have completed the above, Logistics Volunteers and Science Activity Volunteers must:
Certify that you have completed the above trainings and that you understand the risks associated with your volunteer role at the Science Carnival by completing the Certification Survey.