When available the Center for Community Engagement (CCE) can provide registration funding for faculty, community partners and students to attend service learning /civic engagement related conferences. Please contact the CCE regarding available funds.
The following is a list of upcoming higher education conferences either with a focus on civic engagement or a broad theme that could include discussions of civic engagement. This list is by no means comprehensive, and we invite you to let us know about any other upcoming events that we could include on the list.
24th Annual National Service-Learning Conference, March 13, 2013 - March 15, 2013,
Mark your calendars for an experience that broadens your knowledge, provides exciting new insights, and connects you to a network of leaders who can help you achieve your mission and personal goals – the National Service-Learning Conference!
The Conference is the largest gathering of youth and practitioners involved in service-learning, drawing more than 1,800 attendees from across the United States and many other countries each year. The conference's multiple day, concurrent session format offers a self-directed, facilitated learning environment with education sessions, discussion groups, and interactive workshops designed specifically for all levels of attendees engaged in service-learning and focused on current and emerging issues, best practices, and the challenges facing us today.
Highlights of the 2013 conference include:
- Thought-provoking addresses from internationally recognized education leaders, service-learning professionals, and young people
- Professional development opportunities for educators
- Trainings for youth
- Off-site service-learning opportunities in the host community
- An exciting exhibit hall showcasing schools, businesses, and nonprofit organizations
- A showcase of service-learning projects
- Networking opportunities galore