The Center for Community Engagement hosts many workshops, meetings, and events designed to gather stakeholders together for informational, networking, service and, celebratory opportunities. The following events are being offered in 2013-2014.For more information, please contact Pilar Pacheco, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
FALL 2014 WORKSHOPS/MEETINGS
- New Community Partner Orientation: Friday: August 22 from 9-11:00AM (breakfast and networking from 8:30-9:00AM), location Broome Library 1360. A workshop for partners, designed to promote productive and collaborative partnerships. Open to all community partners.
- Infusing Service-Learning into the Curriculum: Thursday, November 6 from 9-11:30AM in Broome Library 1756. Participants will learn about CCE resources, engage in SL course design, and brainstorm on developing key assignments that foster student learning through service, including reflection. Open to all faculty and community partners.
- Community Partner Roundtable: Thursday, October 16 from 9-11:00AM, location TBD. This roundtable is designed to give community partners the opportunity to meet, network, and discuss best practices and challnges. Open to community partners.
- Peace Corps Information Session: Tuesday, September 23 from 12-1:30 in Broome Library 1756. Come learn more about serving in the Peace Corps. Open to all but geared toward students. CLICK HERE TO RSVP.
FALL 2014 EVENTS/NETWORKING
- Invitation to Service: Thursday, August 28 from 9-11:00AM in Petit Salon. A beginning-of-the -year event with associated presentations to promote CCE services and informal networking. Open to the campus and community.
- Soup, Salad & Service: Wednesday, December 4 from 12:00-1:30PM, location Sage Hall 2030. Come join us for an informal lunch event, held each semester to allow faculty interested in the service-learning pedagogy and best practices, to network and informally discuss issues and challenges. Open to all faculty.
These service days are open to the students, staff & faculty. For more information about service days please contact, John Butzer, Community Engagement Ambassador at 805.437.3619.
- Constitution Day, September 17
- United Way Day of Caring, September 27
- Hunger and Homelessness Week, November 15-20
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service: Friday, January 23
- Cesar Chavez Day of Service and Learning: March 31
- E-Waste Day: April (TBD)