The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) hosts many workshops, meetings, and events designed to gather stakeholders together for informational, networking, service and, celebratory opportunities. The following events are the CCE's signature events. For more information, please contact Pilar Pacheco, Managing Director at email@example.com or 805.437.8851.
FALL 2015 WORKSHOPS/MEETINGS
- New Community Partner Orientation: Friday, August 21, 2015 from 9:00AM-11:00AM in Broome Library 1756. A workshop for new partners, designed to promote more productive campus-community partnerships. Please RSVP here.
- Invitation to Service: Wednesday, August 26, 2015 from 9:00AM-11:00AM in Petit Salon. A beginning-of-the-year event with associated presentations to promote CCE services and informal networking. Please RSVP here.
- Community Partner Roundtable: Thursday, October 15, 2015 from 9:00AM-11:00AM, FOOD Share. This roundtable is designed to give community partners the opportunity to meet, network, and discuss best practices and challenges. Open to community partners. Please RSVP here.
- Peace Corps Information Session: Come learn more about serving in the Peace Corps. Open to all but geared toward students (date TBD).
- Soup, Salad & Service: Wednesday, December 3, 2015 from 12:00PM - 1:15PM in the Provost's Conference Room. An informal luncheon held each semester to allow all stakeholders, interested in the pedagogy of service-learning and best practices, to network and informally share successes and discuss issues and challenges. Please RSVP here.
SPRING 2016 EVENTS/NETWORKING
- CELEBRATION OF SERVICE: Thursday, May 5, 2016 from 11:00AM-1:30PM in the Grand Salon. the CCE's annual end-of-the-year event to highlight community engagement projects and publicize best practices in a celebratory context, including campus community engagement awards and poster presentations. Please RSVP here.
2015-2016 SERVICE DAYS
These service days are open to students, staff & faculty. For more information about service days please contact, Neil Olipani, Community Engagement Ambassador at 805.437.3619 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Constitution Day, Thursday, September 17, 2015
- United Way Day of Caring, Saturday, October 3, 2015
- "Careers for the Public Good" Fair, October 14, 2015
- Hunger and Homelessness Week, November 16-20, 2015
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service: Friday, January 29, 2016
- Cesar Chavez Day of Service and Learning, Friday, April 8, 2016