Events & Workshops
The Center for Community Engagement hosts many workshops, meetings, and events designed to gather stakeholders together for informational, networking, service and, celebratory opportunities. The following events are being offered in 2013-2014.For more information, please contact Pilar Pacheco, Managing Director at email@example.com
FALL 2014 WORKSHOPS/MEETINGS
- New Community Partner Orientation: Friday: August 22 from 9-11:00AM, location TBD.
A workshop for partners, designed to promote productive and collaborative partnerships.
- Infusing Service-Learning into the Curriculum: Thursday, November 6 from 9-11:30AM in Broome Library 1756. Participants will learn about CCE resources, engage in SL course design, and brainstorm on developing key assignments that foster student learning through service, including reflection.
- Community Partner Roundtable: Thursday, October 17 from 9-11:00AM, location TBD. This roundtable is designed to give community partners the opportunity to meet, network, and discuss best practices and challnges.
FALL 2014 EVENTS/NETWORKING
- Invitation to Service: Thursday, August 28 from 9-11:00AM in Broome Library 1320. A beginning-of-the -year event with associated presentations to promote CCE services and informal networking.
- Soup, Salad & Service: Wednesday, December 4 from 12:00-1:30PM, location TBD. Come join us for an informal
lunch event, held each semester to allow faculty interested in the service-learning
pedagogy and best practices, to network and informally discuss issues and challenges.
Open to all faculty.
These service days are open to the students, staff & faculty. For more information about service days please contact, John Butzer, Community Engagement Ambassador at 805.437.3619.
- Constitution Day, September 17
- United Way Day of Caring, September 27
- Hunger and Homelessness Week, November 15-20