What is Service-Learning?
Service-learning is a way of learning that links course content to "real-life" experiences that center on a community need or issue. Through reflection activities students are given the opportunity to understand what was learned and experienced, and how the community was benefited.
Service-learning is a direct expression of the CI mission and a critical component of the curriculum. Service-learning courses equip students with the knowledge and experience necessary to transform them into future leaders and socially-conscious citizens. Below are resources available to students enrolled in a service-learning course.
GET INVOLVED:Co-Curricular Resources/Events
- UNITED WAY VENTURA COUNTY: Interested in making a positive impact in the community? Volunteer today using the easy-to-search online database provided by United Way of Ventura County. Volunteer Opportunities.
- PEACE CORPS INFORMATION SESSIONS: Fall/Spring sessions TBD. For more information or to schedule a one-on-one meeting, contact Frances Klingenberger, Peace Corps Ambassador at email@example.com.
SERVICE DAYS are open to the students, staff & faculty. For more information about to get involved in the CCE's service days please contact Alexis Marquez, Community Engagement Ambassador at 805.437.3619.
- Constitution Day: Friday, September 16, 2016
- United Way Day of Caring: Saturday, September 17, 2016
- Veterans Day of Service: Friday, November 4, 2016
- Hunger and Homelessness Week: November 14-18, 2016
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service: Friday, February 3, 2017
- César Chávez Day of Service and Learning: Friday, April 7, 2017