BP.00.010 - Business Practice for Management Review of DRP
Table of Contents
- Business Practice
- Business Practice Number: BP.00.010
- Version: 1
- Drafted By: Peter Mosinskis
- Approved By: Michael Berman
- Approval Date: 11/30/2011
- Latest Revision Date: 11/13/2012
Require campus management review of the Information Technology Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) to assure DRP priorities align with campus needs.
The Division of Technology & Communication (T&C) has created an IT Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) to minimize the operational and financial impact of a disaster upon the division’s IT services and to return access to campus systems in a timely manner. In the event of a disaster, this plan will establish a chain of command that will set in motion a number of activities to be performed by pre-assigned staff members. This plan should be reviewed and approved by senior campus management on an annual basis to assure that the priorities assigned by the plan are consistent with campus needs.
Business Practice [top]
The VP for Technology & Communication and T&C managers
The DRP that is currently in force for the campus
- DRP: IT Disaster Recovery Plan
- Campus Management: Cabinet Members (Vice President for Finance & Administration; Vice President/Provost; Vice President for Student Affairs; President’s Chief of Staff)
- VP T&C: Vice President for Technology & Communication
The VP T&C will provide, in writing, a copy of the current DRP to the Cabinet Members. Each member will review and approve, or offer comments that will be incorporated into the DRP at the discretion of the VP T&C. The revised plan will be approved in writing by the Cabinet Members with approvals filed in the VP T&C’s office. Such review will be conducted annually or whenever the DRP is updated.
Assessment History [top]
|Review of DRP||Annual||Director of IT Strategy|