All official Univeristy organizations may request a web space. Review the FAQ for more information.
Be sure to review the Web Style Guide for information on how official University Web pages should look, feel and work.
Building a New Web Site for an Organization
When you're ready to begin building a new web site:
- Fill out & print the Web Design Project Request Form.
- Gather the content you want to post; you may have Word documents, digital photos, PDF files and more. Remember, having some up-to-date content on your Web site is more valuable than having no content at all, so don't be afraid to start small and build incrementally.
A Web Services staff member will then contact you to set up a meeting to discuss your requirements and timeline for the launch of your new Web site.
How to Edit or re-design existing organization Web pages
Option 1: Have Web Services make the changes for you
The Web Services team can make content changes or help you re-design your existing web site.
When you're ready to make your changes:
- Gather the content you want to post; you may have Word documents, digital photos, PDF files and more. Remember, having some up-to-date content on your Web site is more valuable than having no content at all, so don't be afraid to start with small, easy changes and make updates incrementally.
- Email your request and content to the IT Help Desk at email@example.com.
A Web Services staff member will then contact you to discuss your requirements and timeline for the completion of your requested changes.
Option 2: Do It Yourself
University employees may edit official program or organization Web sites provided that the following criteria are met:
- You have permission: Web Services has confirmed receipt of written approval to access and edit the Web site from the employees' supervisor and the CI organization sponsoring the Web site; AND
- You have completed training: The employee successfully completes both Web accessibility and EchoCI training workshops. View the Workshops page for workshop schedules and details.
Once both criteria have been met, access to edit specific Web sites via EchoCI can be requested by emailing the IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Official University Web sites are expected to conform to established guidelines. Please refer to the Web Style Guide for more information.
Most official University organizations use CI's web content management system, EchoCI, to edit their Web pages (with a few exceptions).