The fastest and easiest method is to use our campus licensed Qualtrics Research Suite application.
Online forms and event registrations
- What is Qualtrics?
- Who can use Qualtrics?
- What features does Qualtrics have?
- Creating and Accessing your Qualtrics account
- Qualtrics training online
- Activating your survey
- Division Survey Coordinators
- How do I know if my Survey needs IRB review?
- What features do your web surveys support?
- For more information or help
Qualtrics is a simple and intuitive web-based form tool that allows you to easily create and manage forms for a variety of uses, including event registrations, academic research, satisfaction surveys, evaluations, student/faculty elections, etc.
Qualtrics is available to all faculty, staff and students at CI with a myCI account.
With Qualtrics, it’s a breeze to capture, analyze, and act on insights. It’s online survey collaboration features make it easy for users to build and share a survey with peers inside or outside our organization. It features 100+ question types, embedded data, branching, display logic, quotas, email triggers, etc.
You can activate your account using your myCI credentials at https://csuci.qualtrics.com
Qualtrics has an extensive online training library. Be sure to visit their ‘Getting Started’ site.
Requesting to activate your survey is very easy. Within Qualtrics when you click to activate the survey you will see "Request Approval" instead.
Once submitted the CI Qualtrics admin can easily approve your survey is IRB review is not needed.
If you use your survey for something other than a traditional survey (procedural form, contact form, etc) then IRB approval may be necessary. Contact the Institutional Review Board (IRB) to determine if the IRB approval is required to publish your survey, or whether you qualify for an IRB exemption.
- The IRB oversees research on any human subjects at the University, so they will provide you with feedback about the requirements to perform your survey.
- Typically surveys that are used internally for program/organizational improvement and whose results will not be published are qualified for IRB exemption; however, only IRB can make that determination.
Supported features include:
- password protection
- piping and branching
- save-and-return later, with email confirmation
- deletion of incomplete submissions after a designated period
- email responses directly to survey administrator
- periodic download of data in Excel or other formats
For inquiries, including Qualtrics survey activation and technical support, contact: