The following administrative policies have been approved by the President following recommendation from the President's Planning and Policy Council (PPPC).
- FA.60.003 - Policy on Procurement
Revisions to this policy include a change in the dollar amount determining which sole source contracts require the President’s approval as well as the addition of a sustainability statement.
- FA.81.003 - Policy on Driving and Parking on Campus Property
Revisions to this policy include removing sections pertaining to Bicycles, Skateboard and Similar Devices which now constitute their own policy FA.81.002 as well as removing text that defined procedure. The policy named has also been changed from the Policy on Parking and Traffic.
- Policies for 3-year review which were recommended by consent with no substantive changes:
Full text of these and all administrative policies may be found on the Administrative Policy Website at http://policy.csuci.edu/. Please direct questions regarding specific policies to the individual(s) or area(s) listed in the accountability section of each policy.
Bike to Work Week is here is May 13-17. This stress-free, healthy alternative to driving your personal vehicle is a great way to help preserve the beauty of Ventura County and save money at the same time. Police & Parking Services will be serving light refreshments Monday, May 13 and Tuesday, May 14 in front of Placer Hall to anyone who rides their bicycle to and/or on campus.
Ventura County Transportation Commission’s Commuter Services will be giving away an Apple iPad Mini, Visa gift cards, and bicycle cell phone mounts to qualified employees as part of the 2013 Bike to Work Week campaign. Learn more by visiting www.goventura.org or call 1-800-438-1112.
For additional information contact Danny Haws, Transportation Lead/Special Events Planning Coordinator, at ext. 8476 or email@example.com.
Each year CI opens its doors and hosts several residential and day programs during the summer. This year the following summer programs currently have open registration:
- Shotokan Karate Training Camp, June 19 – 23. (www.ska.org)
- Center for White Rose Studies, July 11 – 14. A gathering of researchers, students and others involved in the study of German resistance during the Holocaust. (www.white-rose-studies.org)
- Jamz Cheer Camp, July 12 - 14. Cheer camp for high school teams from across Southern California. (www.jamz.com)
- The Soccer Academy, July 14 – 19, July 21 – 26, July 28 – August 2. Three 1-week camps for youth aged 8 – 17. (www.thesocceracademy.com)
- Self Enquiry Life Fellowship Retreat, July 20 – 23. Guru Purnima (www.swamahiman.org)
- The City Church Ventura Summer Retreat, July 24 – 27. Summer program for 12 – 24 year olds. (www.thecityventura.org)
- Girl Scout MiCasa Day Camp, August 5 – 9. Day camp for girls.(www.gscamarillo.shutterfly.com)
The following closed registration groups will be in residence at CI:
- Soccer Club Elk Grove Training Camp, July 22 – 26
- Frainier Family Camp, July 28 – 31
- Migrant Education Summer Leadership Institute, July 28 – August 10
- Women’s Soccer Olympic Development Program, July 29 – August 2
- Santa Barbara Braille Institute College Preparedness Program, August 5 – 9
For additional information contact Lisa Racine, H&RE Conference Coordinator, at ext. 8961 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s that time of year again! Remember to check-in your rental books to The Cove Bookstore on or before Friday, May 17 to avoid any unwanted extra charges.
Do you have textbooks that you no longer need? The Cove Bookstore will pay cash for your used books, regardless of where they’re purchased from. Bring your books in to sell and get some extra cash in your pocket. Don’t have any books to sell, but still want a chance at some extra cash? Come visit the Bookstore to find out how you can win $250! Ask any sales associate for details.
For additional information contact Fah Azarmsa, The Cove Bookstore Manager, at ext. 8833 or email@example.com. You can also visit www.facebook.com/TheCoveBookstore to stay up to date on current offers and events.
© Wavelength May 9, 2013