You’re a person who cares. About health. About the health of others. About individuals, families, and communities. You want a career where you can make a difference—one person at a time. By studying Nursing at California State University Channel Islands (CI), you’ll receive an innovative, interdisciplinary education that’s focused on you—one that will prepare you for a successful nursing career.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Track 1, Generic (Basic)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: Track 2, RN to BSN
Through CI’s nursing program, you’ll learn theory you can apply to the real world. You’ll learn the value of working together as a team. Through our state-of-the-art Simulation Lab in Manzanita Hall, you’ll gain confidence through hands-on learning that will help you develop the decision-making and critical-thinking skills you’ll need to meet workplace challenges. The lab has open hours so you may study or practice your skills.
You’ll also be prepared for your nursing career through access to:
- Mannequins that simulate human beings, including SimMan® and SimBaby®
- Sim Xpress audiovisual recording, Noelle®, Baby Hall/Hallie, as well as VitaSims
- Simulators that will help you train for IVs, injections, birthing, pelvic exams, and ostomies
- Med Dispense: Automatic Bar Coding medication administration system
You’ll graduate from CI, prepared for an array of professional nursing roles in a variety of settings. You’ll know how to work as a member of a team—or to lead—and to help promote wellness.
Top career fields include:
- Acute care
- Assisted living
- Case management
- Extended care
- Home health
- Managed care
- Nursing education
- Nursing management
- Occupational health
- Public health
- Specialty units
- Staff development
Your future income
Visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics to learn more about the outlook for your future career.