The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) is the hub of curricular and co-curricular service-learning experiences at CSU Channel Islands, providing resources and support to faculty, community partner and students engaging in purposeful educational opportunities that serve the community.
Service-learning is a teaching and learning method that links course content to "real-life" experiences (i.e., service) that centers around a community need or issue. Reflection activities are used to allow students to understand what was learned and experienced, and how the community was benefited. To see what constitutes service-learning, see the CI Service-Learning Policy.
- Congratulations to our 2014 Outstanding Engagement Award Winners:
- Kaitlyn Cotton, Student Award
- Sanjuana Hernandez, Reflective Essay
- Rosalinda Vint, Community Partner
- Vivian Henchy, Faculty
- New Community Partner Orientation, Friday, August 22, in Broome 1360
- Invitation to Service, Thursday, August 28, Petit Salon