General Information

1. Where can I attain information pertaining to mandatory and voluntary evacuations, evacuation shelters, road closures and school closures? or by calling the Thomas Fire Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Hotline at 805-465-6650.

2. Where can I go if I need short-term housing?

The following rates have been negotiated by the University for students, faculty and staff impacted by the fire. Please note availability may be limited. Please contact them directly and note that you are a member of the CSUCI community.

Palm Garden - $763/weekly rate
495 North Ventu Park Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320
Rep- Cody

Hampton Inn - $1,232/weekly rate
50 West Daily Drive
Camarillo , CA 93010

3. My residence was destroyed by the fire. Where can I go if I need longer-term housing?

CSUCI students, faculty, or staff whose homes were destroyed by the fires can contact Deanne Ellison at for assistance.

Additional resources pertaining to housing, supplies and rebuilding can be found online at:

For those who have lost their homes or have fire insurance, contact your insurance company ASAP.

4. What resources are available for my pet(s)?

Please call 866-EVRT911 (866-387-8911) for requests for assistance with animal evacuations and pet assistance.

5. Where can I obtain information about recovery efforts for impacted residents?

The County of Ventura, in coordination with state and federal partners, are assisting Ventura County residents that were affected by the Thomas Fire. The Local Assistance Center (LAC) will serve as a centralized, single point facility that will provide essential resources and services to those that are beginning the recovery process to restore their households. The LAC will be located at the Poinsettia Pavilion, 3451 Foothill Road, Ventura. The hours of operation for this week will be Tuesday-Saturday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Additional questions regarding recovery efforts can be directed to the Ventura County Sheriff's Office of Emergency Services at 805-654-2551.

The County of Ventura has launched a website dedicated to helping victims of the Thomas Fire in their recovery. It is a comprehensive source of information for all matters relating to fire recovery. Visit

6. How can I assist those impacted by the fires?

To make a monetary donation to CSUCI students, faculty and staff who have been affected by the fires, visit our Ekho Your Heart Fire Relief Fund website. This special fund will assist members of the CSUCI campus community with emergency funds.

Non-perishable food donations and other items (personal hygiene, etc.) can be made to our Dolphin Food Pantry located in Arroyo Hall.

To attain information pertaining to volunteering, supplies needed, and rebuilding and regrowth, visit:

7. If air quality conditions change and if smoke is present on campus, where can I obtain a mask?

Visit the information desk at Arroyo Hall between the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

8. What has the campus been doing to monitor the situation and how does the University determine whether campus should remain open or closed?

Key CSUCI officials have been assessing the fire threat very closely and take into account many factors when deciding whether classes should be held and if campus should be open. These factors include campus power stability, air quality, road closures, and other life-safety variables, as well as other circumstances in the surrounding community which might directly impact our students, faculty, and staff. These conditions are evaluated within the context of the University’s academic mission and duty to educate its students.

Information for Students

1. Who can I talk to about how my schedule and grades this semester will impact what I take next spring semester?

For questions related to your academic schedule, meeting course requirements, or making progress toward earning your degree, contact the Advising office to schedule an appointment. You can do this either by going online at, stopping by their offices in Bell Tower Room 1595, or calling them at 805-437-8571. You can also contact them at:

2. How can I access books and other materials that will help me complete my assignments?

Stop by or contact the Broome Library. Staff there can help you find what you need. You can contact them at 805-437-3362, or

They will resume Finals Week hours on Sunday, Dec. 10, beginning at 1 p.m.; view library hours for the week.

You can also visit the Learning Resource Center located on the second floor of Broome Library, or the Writing & Multiliteracy Center (WMC) where staff provide a range of free support services and programs to help students address challenges related to written, oral, visual, and digital forms of communication. You can also schedule an appointment with the WMC by calling 805-437-8934 or

3. If I cannot complete my coursework because of the fires, can I ask for a course incomplete?

Your instructor has the option to give you an incomplete but it is important for you to discuss your particular situation with your instructor and then come to a clear agreement regarding the work you need to complete, and the deadline for doing so. For more information, you can access the CSUCI campus policy at:

4. If air quality conditions change and if smoke is present on campus, where can I obtain a mask?

Students living on campus may visit their village office during normal operating hours. View operating hours and contact information.

5. I am a student living on campus. Where can I go to avoid the smoke?

Students living on campus are encouraged to avoid prolonged or heavy exertion outdoors and to try and remain indoors with windows and doors closed. We recommend the use of face masks, N95, to reduce the exposure of particles in the air. Please visit these other indoor areas to avoid smoke exposure: housing’s lounges, game rooms, music rooms, exercise room, dance studio, study rooms, family rooms, and community living areas, as well as John Spoor Broome Library and Islands Café.

6. How can I seek emotional and psychological support?

Students in need of emotional and psychological support may contact Dr. Gina Albani in Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) at 805-437-2088. If you reach voicemail and need immediate assistance, select option 1 to access 24/7 telephone counseling.

7. Where should I go if I need to attain clothing, basic necessities, food or emergency funds?

For clothing go to

For assistance with food and basic necessities, visit CSUCI’s Dolphin Pantry located in Arroyo Hall.

For emergency funds, visit CSUCI’s Ekho Your Heart website and complete the Fire Relief Application.

Information for Faculty and Staff

1. Who should faculty contact with questions about providing students who have been seriously impacted by the fires with appropriate alternatives for completing required coursework?

Please contact Dr. Frisch, Interim AVP for Academic Programs & Planning, if faculty are uncertain about responding to student concerns related to the impact of the fires or the timely completion of academic work. Dr. Frisch can be reached at or at 805-437-2770.

Academic Deans and program chairs may also be involved in these conversations. Faculty may also consult with staff from Teaching & Learning Innovations at 805-437-3788 regarding online options for students who cannot travel to campus to complete finals or other course work as appropriate.

2. How can I seek emotional and psychological support?

CSU faculty and staff have access to emergency assistance through the Employee Assistance Program. Services

are provided through OptumHealth. Employees can also contact OptumHealth by visiting or at 800-234-5465. The access code is: csuci1. Contact CSUCI’s Human Resources office at 805-437-8490 if you have any questions.

3. Where should I go if I need to attain clothing, basic necessities or emergency funds?

For clothing and other supplies visit:

CSUCI’s student food pantry is currently assisting staff and faculty who are impacted by the Thomas fire. The Dolphin Pantry is located in Arroyo Hall.

For emergency funds, visit CSUCI’s Ekho Your Heart website and complete the Fire Relief Application.

Back to Top ↑