The SFAC reviews new campus proposals and the modification of current category II and III fees in order to provide advice to the campus President on A) how to proceed with appropriate and meaningful consultation, and B) adjustments to campus mandatory and course-based fees.
Course Fee Proposals and Approved Fees
The constituency of the Student Fee Advisory Committee includes:
- Seven students (including the chair of the committee), recommended by the Student Government President and appointed by the President
- Two faculty members, recommended by the Academic Senate and appointed by the President
- One administrator or staff member, appointed by the President or designee
Membership Roster [top]
Committee Members (FY 15-16)
- Monique Reyna, President, Student Government
- Alex Yepez, Chair, ASI Board
- Aron Uribe, Chair, Materials, Services, Facilities, & Technology Committee
- Emily Krall, Chair, Student Health Advisory Committee
- James Forrester, Chair, Instructionally Related Activities Committee
- Kinsey Cohen, Chair, Recreation & Athletics Fee Committee
- Gregory Wolff, Student at Large
- Zhong John Lu, Faculty
- Luis Sanchez, Faculty
- Russ Winans, Coordinator of Special Projects, Dean of Students office, Student Life
Staff to the Committee (non-voting)
- Christine Joyau, Administrative Assistant to the Associate Vice-President for Student Affairs – Assessment & Strategic Operations
- Toni DeBoni, Associate Vice President - Assessment & Strategic Operations
- Dianne Wei, Budget and Operations Analyst
Meeting Schedule, Agendas and Minutes [top]
The Student Fee Advisory Committee will meet the 1st Friday of the month from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. in the Student Union, Room 1080 (Coville conference room), unless otherwise stated.
Meeting agendas are posted on the website at least five working business days prior to the meeting. Draft minutes are reviewed and approved during the next scheduled meeting, then posted on the website.
|September 25, 2015 (rescheduled)||Agenda (PDF, 113KB)||Minutes (PDF, 87KB)|
|October 2, 2015 (meeting in SUB 2021)||Agenda (PDF, 89KB)||Minutes (PDF, 84KB)|
|November 6, 2015||Agenda (PDF, 97KB)||Pending Approval|
|December 4, 2015 - Cancelled||No Agenda||No Minutes|
|February 5, 2016||No Agenda||No Minutes|
|March 4, 2016||No Agenda||No Minutes|
|April 1, 2016||No Agenda||No Minutes|
|May 6, 2016||No Agenda||No Minutes|
Proposal Submission Process [top]
Course Fee proposals for the next academic year must be submitted by the last Friday in September.
- Student Course Fee Business Process (PDF, 155KB)
- Student Course Fee Proposal Form
- Travel Budget Form (MS Excel, 204KB)
In order to facilitate the process, there may be instances where applicants may be asked to present additional information to the SFAC.
- ANTH 352 Course Fee Proposal for FY 16-17 (PDF, 1.4MB)
- ANTH 377 Course Fee Proposal for FY 16-17 (PDF, 1.8MB)