All Events on Campus

Table of Contents

All Events on Campus

Internal Events

External Events

Q. Where is the Conferences & Events (C&E) office located? [top]
A. The C&E offices are located in University Hall. You may find the Conferences & Events suite of offices at University Hall 1612.

Q. What are the contact hours to call the Conferences & Events (C&E) office? [top]
A. The C&E hours are Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., excluding weekends and holidays. The contact number is 805-437-3900. Any system errors, additional support and event requests will be processed during normal business hours and in the order the 25Live request was submitted.

Q. What steps need to be taken to serve food and beverages at an event? [top]
A. University Auxiliary Services is the exclusive caterer for on-campus catering. Visit for more information on catering menus available. Internal clients may contact Bridget Partida, Catering Manager, or the Conferences & Events office to obtain a catering quote. For additional catering information, please visit the Services page.

Q. May alcohol be served at the event? [top]
A. The service of alcohol requires the approval of the Chief of Police and University President. Please reference the Policy on Alcohol under the Policies & Procedures tab. Alcohol approval must be obtained for all events associated with CSU Channel Islands on and off campus. This includes events hosted at hotels, restaurants or private residences if they are a CSUCI sanctioned event. University Auxiliary Services (UAS) has first right of refusal for the service and sale of alcohol. For inquiries regarding requesting a catering exemption from University Auxiliary Services, contact Bridget Partida at 805-437-8905 or e-mail

Q. Does the campus require Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance? [top]
A. All events must comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and be ADA accessible to persons with disabilities. The event requestor is responsible for requests for access accommodations and for the cost of disability accommodations. Information is available at

Q. Where is parking allowed on campus, and what does it cost? [top]
A. Parking location(s) will be determined by Transportation and Parking Services. The cost for parking is $6.00 per vehicle and permits can be purchased at permit dispensers located in the A1, A2, A3, and A11 lots. Parking permits are required unless otherwise specified by the event you are attending.

Q. Is alternate transportation available to the campus? [top]
A. Shuttle service is available from 7 a.m. to 10:20 p.m., Monday through Friday, from the Camarillo Metrolink Station on Lewis Road, and from Oxnard College in Oxnard. On Saturdays, the service from Camarillo Metrolink runs from 7:30 a.m. to 5:20 p.m. and from Oxnard College and Centerpoint Mall from 7 a.m. to 5:25 p.m. Cost is $1.25 one way. Download map of shuttle sites (PDF, 57KB)

Q. Are restroom facilities available? [top]
A. There are a limited number of restrooms for some of the rental facilities. Portable restrooms may be required for large events. Clients will be advised, if additional restrooms are needed.

Internal Events

Q. How does the Conferences & Events (C&E) office support internal events? [top]
A. Through elements of C&E Event Logistics, including:
      - Review of 25Live request to ensure it captures all necessary details
      - Standard room layout approved by requestor
      - Set-up/breakdown of tables, chairs and stage (if needed)
      - Communication to Service Porviders
                  - Custodial needs
                  - Electrical needs
                  - Parking
      - Basic Audio Visual
                  - Simple equipment to play music
                  - Simple PowerPoint presentations/videos or for speaking
      - Routing accounting strings for any potential chargebacks (example - parking)

Q. What services does an Event Specialist provide? [top]
A. The C&E Event Specialists provide full review and oversight of events to ensure a successful planning experience, including:
      - Meeting with the requestor to understand the needs of the event and to coordinate event aspects
      - Custom event set-ups/layouts
      - Coordinate rental needs
      - Coordinate Audio Visual needs or work with a Sound/Lighting vendor
      - Routing for special approval requests
                 - Alcohol
                 - Fire Marshal
                 - Special Risk Assessment
      - Coordinate event set-up/breakdown times
      - Communication to campus Service Providers
      - Any Catering needs
      - Dedicated assistance during your event (either the Specialist or assigned Student Assistant)
      - Define services needed to fit a budget
      - Routing accounting strings for any potential chargebacks (example - parking)

Q. What event items are not included in Conferences & Events (C&E) services? [top]
A. Not included in C&E services:
      - Decor arrangements/set-up/breakdown (we can provide consultations)
      - Catering arrangements for internal clients who do not have an Event Specialist
      - Program development or implementation 

Q. How far in advance should an internal CSUCI event be requested? [top]
A. All events must be requested at least fourteen (14) business days before the event date.

Q. What are my options for advertising my event? [top]
A. All internal campus events have options for free advertisement. You may submit for News Release by filling out the News Center Request Form and/or add your event to the CI Homepage Event Listing by filling out the Event Listing Request Form. External clients are prohibited from advertising on campus.

Q. How are cancellations or changes to a request handled? [top]
A. E-mail cancellations or changes to your reservation to your assigned Event Specialist (if applicable) or to

External Events

Q. What services are offered for my event planning needs? [top]
A. The Conferences & Events (C&E) office provides a single point of contact for all of your needs on our campus. Our customized services include all aspects of planning, including:
      - Full review and oversight of the event to ensure a successful planning experience
      - Room layout
      - On-sight event production and management
      - Audio Visual coordination
      - Parking services
      - Routing for special approval requests
                 - Alcohol
                 - Fire Marshal
                 - Special Risk Assessment
      - Coordination of event set-up/breakdown
      - Communication to Service Providers
      - Catering
      - Dedicated assistance during the event (either the Specialist or assigned Student Assistant)
      - Define services needed to fit a budget
      - Billing - a sinlge invoice

Q. Who manages/organizes the external events for the University? [top]
A. For information on hosting your event on campus, please fill out an External Event Inquiry Form or contact the Conferences & Events office at 805-437-3900 or

Q. How far in advance should an event be reserved? [top]
A. Depending on the event type you are requesting, we require a minimum of six (6) weeks in advance.

Q. What is the cost for having an event on campus? [top]
A. Cost varies for each event and location. For a comprehensive quote, please fill out an External Event Inquiry Form with your specific event needs and one of our Event Specialists will be in contact with you.

Q. Are fees waived for non-profit organizations? [top]
A. Qualifying non-profit organizations are able to access a discount of the facility/room cost.

Q. How is an event booked? [top]
A. Complete the External Event Inquiry Form to obtain detailed information on reserving campus facilities for your event. Once complete, an Event Specialist will contact you to provide you with a cost estimate, review the guidelines for reserving facilities and complete the Facility Use Agreement.

Q. Is a deposit required? [top]
A. An initial deposit of 25% of estimated charges, is due with the signed facilities use agreement. Additional deposit schedule(s) will be included in the agreement. All estimated charges are due prior to a group's arrival.

Q. Can arrangements be made to tour the available locations? [top]
A. Yes, please contact the Conferences & Events office at 805-437-3900 to set-up an appointment.

Q. Can I advertise my event? [top]
A. Yes; however, the use of the University name/logo requires additional approval and may not be utilized until the Facilities Use Agreement (FUA) has been fully approved and executed. Any approvals for advertising for external events will be facilitated through your Event Specialist.

Q. Are certificates of insurance required? [top]
A. Yes, certificates of insurance and all endorsements must be provided to the University at least six (6) weeks prior to the event. Insurance requirements will be detailed in your Facility Use Agreement.

Q. Does the campus provide special setups, e.g. Information Technology (IT) related services, Audio-Visual, tables, and chairs? [top]
A. Yes, these services can be provided for events. Please consult with an Event Specialist regarding the services available.

Q. May equipment be rented instead? [top]
A. Yes, equipment from an outside rental company is acceptable if they are pre-approved by the university. A complete list of approved vendors is available from your Event Specialist. If tents are needed they must be pre-approved by the State Fire Marshal and require proper fire safety equipment.

Q. How are cancellations handled? [top]
A. Cancellation of a Facilities Use Agreement by the requester must be in writing and received by the Conferences & Events office a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to the scheduled event.