CI reviews all applications and transcripts for CSU eligibility. If after review of all submitted documents a student is deemed not admissible, the student can elect to appeal the decision. Students will have 15 business days from date of denial of admission notification to submit an appeal. In addition, students can only submit one appeal per academic term. Please allow up to 30 days for a response.
Students may submit an admission exception request for any of the below reasons:
- Additional information to become CSU eligible.
- Request to be reviewed for admission despite missing a deadline.
- Request to be admitted despite not meeting the minimum CSU Admission requirements.
Additional information to become CSU eligible.
- Requests are reviewed on an on-going basis.
- Students must submit unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended as well as institutions currently attending. In addition, submit official Advanced Placement (AP) test scores (if applicable).
Request to still be reviewed for admission despite missing a deadline.
- Students who are approved may be placed on a waitlist and offers of admission or enrollment may be based on space availability.
Request to be admitted despite not meeting the minimum CSU Admission requirements.
- Option is only available to students who were provisionally admitted, but received a rescinding of their admission due to no longer being CSU eligible
- Requests will not be considered for students with less than a 2.0 GPA or not in good standing at the last institution attended.
- If you are denied for less than 60 units, submit official high school transcript (with graduation date) and test scores to be considered as a lower division transfer student.
- Requests for this type of exception will not be reviewed until mid-December/early January for spring 2016 admissions and June-August for fall 2016 admissions.
Please note: The request for admission exception submission process does not guarantee admission and is subject to availability of enrollment at CSU Channel Islands.
To request an admission exception, follow the steps below:
- Download and complete the Spring 2016 Admission Exception Form (PDF, 26KB)
- If you are a fall 2015 student whose admission has been revoked, use the below Admission Exception forms:
2. Mail completed form and documents to:
CSU Channel Islands
Attn: Admissions & Recruitment, Admission Exception Request
One University Drive
Camarillo, CA 93012