Health and Wellness
The Recreation Center is home to the Health and Fitness component of Campus Recreation. The fitness area provides opportunities to develop cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance and flexibility. Cardiovascular amenities of the fitness center include treadmills, stair climbers, recumbent cycles, stationary cycles and elliptical trainers. The resistance training amenities include selectorized Cybex stations, a power cage, a cable crossover, a selection of free weight benches, a large selection of dumbbells from 2 – 120 pounds, and more than 2,000 pounds of Olympic plates. Cardiovascular training, general conditioning, resistance training, and flexibility programs are offered free of charge Membership and Passes holders.
New Membership and Passes members are required to complete a fitness orientation before utilizing the amenities at the Recreation Center. A fitness orientation may be scheduled after we receive your completed (and approved) health history form. The orientation will be approximately 30 minutes in duration and may be scheduled with other participants.
During the orientation a member of the Campus Recreation staff will:
1. Inform participants of the policies and procedures of the Recreation Center
2. Inform participants of the basic policies and procedures of their Membership and Passes
3. Provide general instruction on proper use of the cardiovascular and selectorized resistance equipment
4. Familiarize participants with the facility layout
5. Describe various fitness and recreation programs available