A dependent child, spouse, or unmarried surviving spouse of a service-connected disabled or deceased Veteran may be entitled to a tuition fee waiver at CSU Channel Islands (CI). 

Important Notes:

  • The CalVet Fee Waiver only covers the state-mandated tuition fee. There are additional, mandatory university fees at CI that a student is responsible for each semester.
  • The benefit waives the tuition fee for state-supported programs only.
    • It cannot be used for coursework taken through Extended University or Study Abroad.
    • This includes Extended University Summer and Winter Sessions.
  • This benefit does not cover the expense of books, parking, or room and board.
  • To be eligible, the student must meet California residency requirements, as determined by the CSU and CI.
  • The waiver must be applied for, with your County Office, each Academic Year. 

How to Apply

Students must apply through their County Service Office and can obtain more information about eligibility: here. CI does not process any of the application paperwork.

Students who have been determined eligible will receive a CalVet Fee Waiver award letter from their County Service Office. A copy needs to be submitted to the Enrollment Center, Records & Registration front desk in Sage Hall or emailed to Kristin Hronek at kristin.hronek@csuci.edu