As you embark on your career development journey, we are here to provide support and guidance. We highly recommend attending our weekly drop-in career counseling as a first step to assist you in career development. You can meet with a CDS staff member for 30 mins during Drop-In Career Counseling for any of the following career counseling topics:
- Career Exploration: Explore how your personality, values, skills and interests match potential career pathways and what you can do with your major.
- Career Assessment Interpretation: Meet with a Career Counselor to discuss the results of your Career Finder, ONET assessment results.
- Resume/cover letter review: Obtain individual support from the Career Development Services staff with building/revising your resume/cover letter
- Job Search Strategies: Learn the best methods to obtain an internship/employment opportunity.
- Mock Interview: A 30-minute practice interview to prepare for graduate school admission or employment interview.
- Graduate school application planning: Meet with a CDS staff member to discuss the graduate school application process, planning, and preparation methods.
- Professional Networking: Learn how to develop professional networking skills to increase industry contacts in your field of interest.
- Salary Negotiation: Identify effective negotiation strategies to obtain a competitive salary and benefits appropriate for your experience and skills.
Spring 2017 Drop-In Career Counseling Schedule
*Drop-In Career Counseling is not available during the first 2 weeks of the semester. If you need assistance during this time, please call 805-437-3270 to schedule an appointment*
February 6th through May 5th in Bell Tower 1548
Drop-In Career Counseling is not available:
Feb 16, March 20-24, & April 13, 2017
Mondays 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Tuesdays 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesdays 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Thursdays 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Fridays 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Drop-In is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Drop-In sessions are limited to 30 minutes.
Currently enrolled students can also schedule 30-45 minute appointment if Drop-In Career Counseling hours do not work with your schedule. Please keep in mind that scheduled appointments are limited and based on staff availability.
Your appointment will be cancelled if you arrive 10+ minutes late*
CDS offers 30-45 minute virtual appointments for students who are unable to visit the Career Development Center in person due to geographic or physical limitations. To schedule an appointment for our newest service call 805-437-3270 to set-up your appointment.
Career Counseling Resources
CI does not discriminate in the educational programs or activities it conducts on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, nationality, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, religion, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, medical condition, or special disabled veteran status, Vietnam-era veteran status or other covered veteran status.
The University encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation, or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Disability Resource Programs at (805) 437-3331 or email@example.com as soon as possible, but no later than 7 business days prior to the event.