As you embark on your career development journey, we are here to provide support and guidance. We highly recommend attending our weekly drop-in career counseling as a first step to assist you in career development. You can meet with a CDS staff member for any of the following career counseling topics:
- Career Exploration: Explore how your personality, values, skills and interests match potential career pathways and what you can do with your major.
- Career Assessment Interpretation: Meet with a Career Counselor to discuss the results of your Career Finder, ONET assessment results.
- Resume/cover letter review: Obtainindividual support from the Career Development Services staff with building/revising your resume/cover letter
- Job Search Strategies: Learn the best methods to obtain an internship/employment opportunity.
- Mock Interview: A 30-minute practice interview to prepare for graduate school admission or employment interview.
- Graduate school application planning: Meet with a CDS staff member to discuss the graduate school application process, planning, and preparation methods.
- Professional Networking: Learn how to develop professional networking skills to increase industry contacts in your field of interest.
- Salary Negotiation: Identify effective negotiation strategies to obtain a competitive salary and benefits appropriate for your experience and skills.
Drop-In Career Counseling Schedule
Drop-in career counseling has ended for the semester. Contact us to schedule an appointment for career counseling (e.g., resume reviews, mock interviews, job search, career exploration, etc.) between November 23 and December 18. Please call 805-437-3270 or email email@example.com to set up your appointment.
*Services will not be available on November 26 and 27 due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
December 21, 2015-January 1, 2016
Career Development Services will be closed from December 21 through January 1. Documents uploaded to Dolphin CareerLink between December 19 and January 3 will not be reviewed until January 4. Similarly, emails and phone calls to the Career Development Center will not be returned until January 4. If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
CDS is now offering 30-minute Skype appointments for students who are unable to visit the Career Development Center in person due to geographic or physical limitations! Skype appointments for Alumni and Extended University students are limited to Drop-In Career Counseling dates and times. Please review our Skype instructions (PDF, 50 KB) on how to access our newest service.