As you embark on your career development journey, we are here to provide support and guidance. We highly recommend attending our weekly drop-in career counseling as a first step to assist you in career development. You can meet with a CDS staff member for 30 mins during Drop-In Career Counseling for any of the following career counseling topics:
- Career Exploration: Explore how your personality, values, skills and interests match potential career pathways and what you can do with your major.
- Career Assessment Interpretation: Meet with a Career Counselor to discuss the results of your Career Finder, ONET assessment results.
- Resume/cover letter review: Obtain individual support from the Career Development Services staff with building/revising your resume/cover letter
- Job Search Strategies: Learn the best methods to obtain an internship/employment opportunity.
- Mock Interview: A 30-minute practice interview to prepare for graduate school admission or employment interview.
- Graduate school application planning: Meet with a CDS staff member to discuss the graduate school application process, planning, and preparation methods.
- Professional Networking: Learn how to develop professional networking skills to increase industry contacts in your field of interest.
- Salary Negotiation: Identify effective negotiation strategies to obtain a competitive salary and benefits appropriate for your experience and skills.
Drop-In Career Counseling Schedule
Summer 2016: June 15th-August 17th
Wednesdays 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in Bell Tower 1548
Drop-In is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Drop-In sessions are limited to 30 minutes.
*Appointments outside of Drop-In times are not available during the summer.
CDS offers 30-minute Skype appointments for students who are unable to visit the Career Development Center in person due to geographic or physical limitations. Skype appointments are limited to Drop-In Career Counseling dates and times. Please review our Skype instructions (PDF, 50 KB) on how to access our newest service and call 805-437-3270 to set-up your appointment.