As you embark on your career development journey, we are here to provide support and guidance. We highly recommend attending our weekly drop-in career counseling as a first step to assist you in career development. You can meet with a CDS staff member for 30 mins during Drop-In Career Counseling for any of the following career counseling topics:
- Career Exploration: Explore how your personality, values, skills and interests match potential career pathways and what you can do with your major.
- Career Assessment Interpretation: Meet with a Career Counselor to discuss the results of your Career Finder, ONET assessment results.
- Resume/cover letter review: Obtain individual support from the Career Development Services staff with building/revising your resume/cover letter
- Job Search Strategies: Learn the best methods to obtain an internship/employment opportunity.
- Mock Interview: A 30-minute practice interview to prepare for graduate school admission or employment interview.
- Graduate school application planning: Meet with a CDS staff member to discuss the graduate school application process, planning, and preparation methods.
- Professional Networking: Learn how to develop professional networking skills to increase industry contacts in your field of interest.
- Salary Negotiation: Identify effective negotiation strategies to obtain a competitive salary and benefits appropriate for your experience and skills.
Drop-In Career Counseling Schedule
Spring 2016: February 3-May 6, 2016
Mondays 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in Bell Tower 1548
Tuesdays 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. in Bell Tower 1548
Wednesdays 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. in Bell Tower 1548
Thursdays 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. in Bell Tower 1548
Fridays 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in Bell Tower 1548
Office Closed: February 18, March 21-25 (Spring Break), March 31, and April 20
*Students can schedule 30-45 minute appointments to work with CDS staff if the Drop-In Career Counseling hours do not work with your schedule. Please keep in mind that scheduled appointments are limited and based on staff availability. Your appointment will be cancelled if you arrive 10+ minutes late*
CDS is now offering 30-minute Skype appointments for students who are unable to visit the Career Development Center in person due to geographic or physical limitations. Skype appointments for Alumni are limited to Drop-In Career Counseling dates and times. Please review our Skype instructions (PDF, 50 KB) on how to access our newest service and call 805-437-3270 to set-up your appointment