As you embark on your career development journey, we are here to provide support and guidance. We highly recommend attending our weekly drop-in career counseling as a first step to assist you in career development. You can meet with a CDS staff member for any of the following career counseling topics:
- Career Exploration: Explore how your personality, values, skills and interests match potential career pathways and what you can do with your major.
- Career Assessment Interpretation: Meet with a Career Counselor to discuss the results of your Career Finder, ONET assessment results.
- Resume/cover letter review: Obtainindividual support from the Career Development Services staff with building/revising your resume/cover letter
- Job Search Strategies: Learn the best methods to obtain an internship/employment opportunity.
- Mock Interview: A 30-minute practice interview to prepare for graduate school admission or employment interview.
- Graduate school application planning: Meet with a CDS staff member to discuss the graduate school application process, planning, and preparation methods.
- Professional Networking: Learn how to develop professional networking skills to increase industry contacts in your field of interest.
- Salary Negotiation: Identify effective negotiation strategies to obtain a competitive salary and benefits appropriate for your experience and skills.
Drop-In Career Counseling Schedule
September 8 to November 18 in Bell Tower 1548
Every Monday 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Every Tuesday 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Every Wednesday 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Every Thursday 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Drop-In Career Counseling will not be available on September 7 or November 11, 2015
CDS is now offering 30-minute Skype appointments for students who are unable to visit the Career Development Center in person due to geographic or physical limitations! Skype appointments for Alumni and Extended University students are limited to Drop-In Career Counseling dates and times. Please review our Skype instructions (PDF, 50 KB) on how to access our newest service.