International students are not eligible for United States federal or state financial aid. Please note that F-1/J-1 visa students are only eligible for on-campus jobs that are NOT work study, as work study jobs are a part of the federal financial aid program.

MS Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Program Scholarship
If you are accepted into the MS Biotechnology & Bioinformatics program, you can apply for one of their scholarships; however, you must first be accepted into their program to apply. International students in the MS Biotechnology & Bioinformatics program may apply as graduate assistants and lab assistants on campus to work for up to 20 hours a week.

On-Campus Jobs

International students may work on campus up to 20 hours per week during the semester and up to 30-40 hours per week during winter/spring break and summer. To find out about on-campus jobs, please visit the CI Career Development Services website.

In order to work on campus, international students must have a social security number before starting the job. The International Programs office can assist students in applying for social security cards after the student has obtained a written job offer from the on-campus employer. It may take several weeks for the U.S. Social Security Administration to issue the student a social security card, which is required before starting the on-campus job. Remember, F-1/J-1 students may not work off campus without proper authorization from the International Programs office. Once you are admitted to the University, please attend Orientation to obtain more information regarding applying for on-campus jobs. International students must be enrolled in order to obtain on-campus jobs.

Back to Top ↑