2014-2015 Award Year
Fall 2014 Important Reminders
You can apply now for financial aid for the upcoming 2014-2015 award year. The Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available online and the Priority Filing period is January 1, 2014 to March 2, 2014.
The California Dream Act Application will be available online on Monday, January 6, 2014.
The CI Scholarship Application will be available online Monday, January 13, 2014. The scholarship application period is January 13, 2014 to March 2, 2014.
May 30, 2014 is the priority Financial Aid Document Deadline for the 2014-2015 academic year. By submitting your documents by this deadline, your fall enrollment will be protected until your 2014-2015 financial aid eligibility can be determined. If you missed the deadline or are ultimately not awarded grant assistance and do not accept the loans offered, you will be responsible for paying your tuition and fees according to established fee payment deadlines. For information on tuition fee payment, please visit the Student Business Services website.
Note: You should submit your documents by the due date on your portal. The last day a student can submit requested documents being May 30, 2013 to keep priority status for enrollment protection. Documents are processed in the date order received and review of submitted documents can take up to 6-8 weeks.
2013-2014 Award Year
Spring 2014 Important Reminders
- January 9, 2014 disbursement of Spring 2014 aid will occur. Financial aid funds will disburse at halftime
or greater enrollment and financial aid funds will be adjusted accordingly to enrollment
status during the add/drop period (census).
- February 21, 2014 is the Satisfactory Academic Proress (SAP) Appeal deadline for Spring 2014. After
this date, no appeals will be accepted for the Spring 2014 semester.
- March 3, 2014 is the Income Adjustment Appeal deadline for Spring 2014. After this date, no appeals
will be accepted for the Spring 2014 semester.
- May 2, 2014 is the Unusual Enrollment History (UEH) Appeal deadline for 2013-2014 academic year. After this date, no appeals will be accepted for the 2013-2014 award year.
- May 2, 2014 is the deadline to apply for a 2013-2014 Federal Stafford Loan for the 2013-2014 academic year or the Spring 2014 semester only awards.
- May 2, 2014 is the deadline to apply for a 2013-2014 Federal Direct Parent Loan for undergraduate students (PLUS) or Graduate PLUS Loan for the 2013-2014 academic year or the Spring 2014 semester only awards.
Students please remember to review your "To-Do" checklist items in your myCI Portal for document request deadlines and personalized information about your financial aid status.