Below are some commonly-requested online resources for students regarding their academic status.

Academic Advising

All students who are looking to apply for Reinstatement should meet regularly with an Academic Advisor.

Link to Advising Center 

Advising Center FAQ's on Probation and Disqualification

Academic Advising Center Hours and Contact Information

How to Get Reinstated: CI Advising Center Presentation (MS Powerpoint, 1.0MB)

Open University

In order to be considered for reinstatement to CI, an academically-disqualified student must demonstrate academic ability.  This can be achieved by taking classes at through CI Open University, although taking classes at other academic institutions may be considered.  All classes taken must be applicable for degree credit.  After reducing the grade-point deficiency by attaining a cumulative CI 2.0 minimum GPA, the student may petition the Academic Appeals Committee for reinstatement.  You may NOT register for any Channel Islands courses until you correct the situation by carefully following the reinstatement guidelines. 

Please refer to the online Course Catalog for complete information. The Academic Appeals Committee will only consider the petition for reinstatement of students who have remained outside of the university for at least one regular (fall or spring) semester after their dismissal. See below for a link to Open University:

Open University- Forms & how to register

Link to various contacts at Open University

Open University- Advising & Financial Aid


Policy on Undergraduate Unit Load Limitation  (22KB)

Policy on Grade Forgiveness (PDF, 55.8KB)

The below Academic Senate policy contains information about grade point value of letter grades:

Policy on Grades (PDF, 59.2KB)

Policy on Withdrawal (PDF, 31KB)

Policy on Academic Probation (PDF, 22.7 KB)

Policy on Disqualification (PDF, 114KB)

Policy on Reinstatement (MS Word, 135KB)

To view Adobe PDF documents, please download and install the free Adobe Reader.

Records and Registration

Many students applying for Reinstatement or appealing their Disqualification have questions about previous courses. Records and Registration is the primary contact for that information.

Records and Registration

Students who seek retroactive withdrawals from previous courses for medical or other reasons should work with Records and Registration and may need to complete a Petition for Exception and/or a Term Withdrawal Request. You will still have to complete an Appeal of Disqualification and/or a Petition for Reinstatement.

Records and Registration - Forms