Deadline to submit Housing Accommodations has passed. Late submssions will be reviewed periodically and will depend on availability. 

Our office is designated to receive and process housing accommodation requests for students with disabilities who have specific disability-related accommodation requests. DASS works in collaboration with Housing & Residential Education (HRE) to provide reasonable accommodations within our residential facilities for students with disabilities.

 To request housing accommodations:

  1. Please complete the HRE Housing application process, which can be found here: HRE Housing Application
  2. Complete the DASS Housing Accommodations Application in its entirety (incomplete applications may delay the process of receiving disability-related housing accommodations), which can be found here: DASS Housing Accommodations Application
  3.  Submit documentation from external or third party sources (documentation must be uploaded online through the application, faxed to 805-437-8529, or submitted in-person at Arroyo Hall 210)

 Fall, Spring, and Summer housing accommodations are dependent on availability (with the exception of service animals). To allow time for processing of all materials for roommate and space assignments, DASS will accept application and documentation for:

Fall 2019 semester:

  • Returning residents: through April 15, 2019
  • New residents: through May 20, 2019

Spring 2019 semester:

  • New housing accommodation requests: through November 15, 2018

Post-Deadline Accommodation Requests

For students who have a need for a housing accommodation that arises for the first time after the deadline has passed, requests will be reviewed on a rolling basis. DASS and HRE will strive to meet late applicants’ needs as soon as reasonably possible, however, priority consideration is given to on-time requests. 


If you have a revision or update to a request which has already been submitted, please submit a new application.  


The Housing Accommodations Application is a separate process from requesting academic accommodations. If you would like to request academic accommodations, please see “Academic Accommodations.”


Back to Top ↑