New Employee Processing

Please call ahead at 805-437-8490 to make arrangements, prior to your start date. This allows us to anticipate high volume hours.

Human Resources Hours: 8:30 am 4:30 pm - Monday through Friday

In Human Resources (Lindero Hall, Room 1804) you will:

  • Submit your New Employee Sign-In Packet for review. Provide documents for your I-9 Employment Eligibility and social security card for Payroll purposes.
  • Obtain an Employee Verification Status Form to take to Parking Services (Placer Hall) and obtain your parking permit, if you intend to park on campus.

REMINDER - You Will Need to Bring:

  • SOCIAL SECURITY CARD (original). It is required that your name and Social Security Number are reported exactly as stated on your Social Security card to the Internal Revenue Service and California Franchise Tax Board. This satisfies California State payroll requirements. To help expedite this verification processes please bring your original, non-laminated Social Security Card to your in-person sign-on. If you do not have your original card please advise us at the time of turning in your paperwork.
    • Prior to completing the in person sign-in, you can request a new card from the Social Security Administration. You have two choices:
      • Go to your local office. They will issue you a general receipt when you order your card. Bring this with you to Human Resources. This receipt will allow us to have you start work. However, we will not be able to process your paperwork on to Payroll until you bring back your card, once it is received. OR
      • Apply for a replacement card On-line. First, see if you qualify to apply for your duplicate on-line. If so follow the instructions at the my Social Security account page.
  • DOCUMENTS THAT DEMONSTRATE YOUR IDENTITY and YOUR ELIGIBILITY to work in the United States to meet legal requirements of the Immigration and Reform Control Act. Documents that are acceptable to provide employment authorization may be found here: INS Form I-9 Acceptable Documents (MS Word, 1.5MB) .
  • YOUR NEW EMPLOYEE PAPERWORK that you filled out on-line and printed with your documents completed for review. (To save your documents, you need to click "Save As". Then, "Save as a PDF" to whatever location you choose on your computer. If you don't have a printer, you may get a packet to complete here in HR, or print in the department that is hiring you.)

New Employee Paperwork

Please Complete the New Employee Sign in Packet Below - Click the [ ? ] Next to Form Title for Help or Special Information Regarding That Particular Form:

Should you have any questions regarding any form, you may ask when you bring your forms to Human Resources, OR please feel free to contact us at: 805-437-8490

*For those working Part Time or Temporary. You will not pay into CalPERS. Savings Plus Program.

Review the following Policies and Important Notices - (You will be asked to confirm that you know where to locate these policies and notices):

Back to Top ↑